Is Owning A Gold Claim Worth The Headache And Do You Have One?

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There are more people here who own claims and know about them than you seem to think. But I appreciate your thoughtful and in-depth answer.

Still sitting on nine in Alaska. Just got the annual lease payment in fact. Claims are a pain in the posterior sometimes, but I made a lot of money, and great memories, with mining claims, so can't complain.

I never said I thought there were people here who didn't own claims. My post gave insight as to what I think are valid reasons to either own a claim or not. I posted information which is sorely lacking on this topic. I did it to help others, not be a know it all. If my thoughts are not welcome I will leave.

4 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

I never said I thought there were people here who didn't own claims. My post gave insight as to what I think are valid reasons to either own a claim or not. I posted information which is sorely lacking on this topic. I did it to help others, not be a know it all. If my thoughts are not welcome I will leave.

And I said I appreciated your answer. No need to get all sensitive about it.

• Like 2

I think today...we are all a little skittish about upsettings our friends.  I don't see any ill towards anyone at all and all info shared is good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And I said I appreciated your answer. No need to get all sensitive about it.

Just taking time to explain things to those who don't have any info on this subject. I didn't see anyone else doing that. 

• Like 4

Stick around GM we're on your side !  😏  Nobody's pickin' on ya,,,,,well , yet anyway. 

Besides now we're all wantin' ta hear more of that Story about a man named Jed  !

Ya didn't even get to the Ellie May part yet........😜

(I have a feeling you will have some of the crew here camping out up there when it warms up after reading that Log Book ?...)  

• Like 2

I understand this is your website but if you start jumping in on the journal entries i'm posting i'm out of here. 

I don't get your comments. I've read this whole thread and didn't see anyone picking on you at all. Not sure what you are talking about.

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, insight and input on this subject.  Practical experience is a wonderful teacher and we each have a different set of experiences to share and from which to learn.  GM thank you for your detailed description.  It will be useful to many readers now and future readers who come to this site.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cascade Steven said:

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, insight and input on this subject.  Practical experience is a wonderful teacher and we each have a different set of experiences to share and from which to learn.  GM thank you for your detailed description.  It will be useful to many readers now and future readers who come to this site.

That's all I meant to do. Thanks. It is all info I learned over many yrs and hoping to help others avoid costly mistakes.

• Like 3

I own 8.  Some of them are now 3 or 4 deep in being over filed on.  Used to stress over it but have pretty much given up on dealing with it.  Tired of spending all my time reclaiming other peoples holes to stay out of trouble with the BLM, and now with the BLM on a mission to save the sage grouse (and being in prime sage grouse habitat) it probably won’t matter in a few years anyways.

• Like 3