So Can We Be Critical Of Deus II Here?

Chase Goldman

3 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

... or even this...

depth gauge I would prefer a vertical display like on all the other detectors   , an horizontal display can lead to misunderstandings 

• Like 1

Some good posts here, and a nicely tidied tread from the previous one, I've only just stumbled on this thread now, not sure how I missed it. 

I understand the lack of importance of the Target ID to some users, but to others it means a lot, we each have our own needs and desires, dismissing the target ID issue because it doesn't bother you isn't the right way to go about it if you're in a position to give feedback direct to the company.  XP don't need to worry about people that are already their customers as much as they need to convince new to the brand buyers to jump to their brand.  If something as simple as fixing that Target ID issue brings across more users from other brands its worth addressing. 

I like Steve's big target ID design and I think CPT_GhostLight's idea of the depth meter and Target ID being the only things on the screen is great, that'd be perfect for me, I only need the rest to pop up if I'm adjusting settings.  I don't even need the volume level I'm in to be on the screen, I can hear it so its a waste of valuable real estate.  Settings that I'm in can go away, I know what I'm using without needing to look at it all the time.  The Deus has a small enough screen without cramming it up with unnecessary information.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

depth gauge I would prefer a vertical display like on all the other detectors   , an horizontal display can lead to misunderstandings 

I like that idea even better. Maybe they could make the F/NF U-shaped display a simple bottom bar display (like the bottom part of the U-shaped display) and enlarge the TID number and put a thin depth gauge to the right or left of the TID.

Speaking of depth gauge... is there one? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Edit: I found it. Apparently the U-shaped graph is also the depth gauge according to this blurb in the manual:

"Standard multi-information display, with target index in bold
+ the F/NF (ferrous/non-ferrous) graph indicating also the intensity
of the target to assess the depth."

For some reason the only photo in the manual of the TID screen doesn't show anything on the F/NF/Depth Gauge display, so it took a minute for this non-XP user to figure that out. 

The Deus 1 and Deus 2 "depth" gauge is more of a target intensity gauge. At least there sort of is one on the main screen. On the ORX one has to go into the pinpoint function and see what the intensity of the target response was as in: filled-up pinpoint screen-near the surface, half full-4" or so, quarter full, etc......a real pain in the tush. Lots of people complain about a certain other Multi Freak's depth gauge.....they should use an ORX for a while.........afterwards they might give those little wedges on the Nox some respect.

I really wonder how much more graphics can get crammed into that small Deus 2 screen. Same goes for the Legend.......just full of stuff which again makes me really appreciate the simplicity of the Nox display.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cancelled Airline Guy said:

I really like the idea of a de-clutter option for the main screen. Even an option to choose your own options to be shown in de-clutter mode. Push once for full information and once for de-clutter mode. 

Exactly, kind of like how Minelab did it with the E-Trac where you could press the Detect button to toggle b/w the Pattern Screen and the Digital Screen.