Minelab Price Increase

Swegin

The arrogance is strong within them. Always has been. Price increase = enhanced greed on their part. Gasoline price went up over 10 cents in 24hrs around here.

Getting downright difficult for a man to afford anything other than working and sleeping.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, RobNC said:

The arrogance is strong within them. Always has been. Price increase = enhanced greed on their part. Gasoline price went up over 10 cents in 24hrs around here.

Getting downright difficult for a man to afford anything other than working and sleeping.

Price of everything has been going up...vendors are changing their prices multiple times a year...business have to keep up with these increases...are you in business for your self or work for someone? One is easy the other is tough...just sayin

strick 

• Like 7

Indeed this is true that the prices have gone up on the Equinox.  There is a strong belief that this is not because of inflation, but instead that a new chapter to the Equinox lineup is about to be released at this years Detectival in September.  They want to keep the edge against Nokta Makro and their Legend release this year.  I don't know if you've noticed or not, but Minelab has dropped its patent rights to their Multi-Frequency technology and this is the very reason why the Legend is boasting their new one of a kind, "first true" simultaneous multi-frequency technology.  Now we all know that Minelab always patents their new processors and technology as its ever changing.  What is the next chapter for Minelab?  2022 release of the new CTX6060 or maybe the Equinox 2 to compete with Deus?  hmmmmm......?????

v

• Like 2

Is the price increase worldwide or only in certain geographical markets?  I don't know how much the exchange rate (e.g. AUD to USD) affects this, but I suspect it does sometimes.

Competition has a way of impacting prices.  Now that the Minelab has some serious competition in the multifrequency IB/VLF space, I wonder what effect that will have on prices.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

20 foot containers between continents were approx $10000 USD, now they're up to $30,000 for the same journey, not only that the shipping times are much slower than previously.  The price increases are most likely related to that, for the US market Garrett has the advantage being able to sell without the product being shipped in containers from other countries yet I see they've increased their pricing in the US lately too.  Component costs have also sky rocketed.  It's the world we live in unfortunately and it's not going to change for the better any time soon.   Any price increases on anything are not a surprise to me, they're expected.  😞

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

20 foot containers between continents were approx $10000 USD, now they're up to $30,000 for the same journey, not only that the shipping times are much slower than previously.  The price increases are most likely related to that, for the US market Garrett has the advantage being able to sell without the product being shipped in containers from other countries yet I see they've increased their pricing in the US lately too.  Component costs have also sky rocketed.  It's the world we live in unfortunately and it's not going to change for the better any time soon.   Any price increases on anything are not a surprise to me, they're expected.  😞

You nailed it. Shipping and labor costs are the key. Both are going up, shipping costs in particular went crazy. These base costs add to almost anything you can imagine, and will get passed on.

Shipping costs will likely come down again as the logjams break, and competition does its thing. Labor costs are far stickier, hard to take back wage increases. Bottom line is it’s not just greedy companies, but good old supply and demand at work.

• Like 3