Simulating Vanquish Ground Balance With Nox

Given that Vanquish has been described as a simplified Nox, and that its settings (fixed or somewhat adjustable) can be approximately related to those on the Nox (e.g. the overall mode probably similar to Beach 1, high iron balance likely about 8, three different recovery speeds within recovery speed range on the Nox - but I'm not sure where), could someone comment on what ground balance mode on the Nox resembles what the Vanquish may have been set to do in this department?

• The title was changed to Simulating Vanquish Ground Balance With Nox

The Vanquish evidently does something useful with sorting out the changing ground signal strength and type (at least on the beach).  A question for those that used both machines: does it behave as if the ground balance was fixed (e.g. similar to zero in Beach 1 mode on the Nox) or more as if there was a Tracking ground balance in action?

The Vanquish has something built in which Minelab called "Beach Advantage". It is in the Vanquish brochures. Minelab has not seen fit to explain what it is...............  Chase always laughs or scowls at me when I mention it but I am just the messenger.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The Vanquish has something built in which Minelab called "Beach Advantage". It is in the Vanquish brochures. Minelab has not seen fit to explain what it is...............  Chase always laughs or scowls at me when I mention it but I am just the messenger.

Can't believe you brought up Beach Avantage again, Jeff.  :smile:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Can't believe you brought up Beach Avantage again, Jeff.  :smile:

Just wanted to make sure you knew I was kidding, Jeff.  I honestly don’t recall giving you a such a hard time about it in the past.

For the OP… Minelab is def doing something (beach advantage) with salt handling on wet salt sand beaches to keep Vanquish stable.  Just no idea how that is implemented, another ML state secret.  Put black sand in the picture, it may struggle though.  Vanquish kicks up a lot of ground noise in hot ground (you can hear it with all disc removed - I.e. horseshoe mode).

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Just wanted to make sure you knew I was kidding, Jeff.  I honestly don’t recall giving you a such a hard time about it in the past.

For the OP… Minelab is def doing something (beach advantage) with salt handling on wet salt sand beaches to keep Vanquish stable.  Just no idea how that is implemented, another ML state secret.  Put black sand in the picture, it may struggle though.  Vanquish kicks up a lot of ground noise in hot ground (you can hear it with all disc removed - I.e. horseshoe mode).

Sorry, it took me at least an hour to stop crying. I couldn’t see my computer screen and I was afraid my big tears would short out my keyboard. I’m okay now…………

• Like 1
  • Haha 5