What does anyone like for Tarsacci Headphones for wading? It would seem simple connection waterproofing of stock headphones would be enough for general purpose, but not available. Sent a message to Dimitar asking if he did these, no answer. Taking that as a no, is there a cost effective way to waterproof the connection? 

Electrical tape comes to mind. Is a very small mind. Any thoughts?

Geezer,

I purchased a set of waterproof gray ghost headphones with a Tarsacci adapter.  I purchased them from a forum member, but was told they were made by Tony Eisenhower.  For the beach I plug in a set of Black Widow or Killer Bee headphones into a Tarsacci headphone adapters.  Better headphones are really valuable on the Tarsacci.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, The_Stalker said:

Better headphones are really valuable on the Tarsacci.

Someone else said this very thing recently. The other recommendation was the XP FX03 with in line volume control and 3.5 mm plug. The fella said they are amazing headphones at budget price. Not waterproof though.

What do the Grey Ghosts do that makes this difference? 

They are directly wired into the Tarsacci headphone adapter.  No plug in.  Screwing the adapter into the Tarsacci creates a waterproof seal that enables the Tarsacci to be submerged in water and the Gray Ghost headphones are waterproof should they be submerged.  Totally waterproof setup.

• Like 1

Sorry, the question was stated badly. What is it about the better headphones in general and the quality of the sound that makes them better to listen to?

You mention several brands and state the value of better headphones. Many agree with you across a wide range of detectors. What are you hearing that creates that value for you?

It seems a stupid question to people who hear this difference, and puzzling to find one who cannot. Can you describe it?

For me it is only getting clear enough and loud enough to get over the ringing associated with conductive hearing loss. The stock headphones work for that and the appreciation most people have for the richness of sound is simply lost, but it would be nice to understand the concept. 

Geezer,

Think of it as the difference between cheap speakers and really nice speakers.  With cheap speakers you can tell which band is playing, but it is hard to differentiate which instruments are being played.  With really nice speakers you can differentiate exactly which instruments are playing at any moment in time.  Good headphones reduce your need to look at the VDI.  You know when you run over a good target and your brain becomes hardwired to the distinct sounds of good targets.  That is much easier with quality headphones vs cheap headphones.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have tried two different detector headphones  (Dector Pro & Patriot) both very good brands.    That fit into the Tarsacci pigtail.   No or very distant sound.     I have 2 crummy sets of headphones for videos on some laptops.   Both work fine with the pigtail.     So sent away for a better pair of these (Phillips) very confortable and work great.   So has anyone found a good detector headphone thats off the shelf , fits the pigtail and doesn't need adapting ?

The newest pair of KillerBs l purchased have a screw off 1/4” tip that goes over the hardwired 1/8” tip, both gold plated. Very slick idea. Excellent audio that really brings out the subtleties of the Disc tones.

5 hours ago, JCR said:

The newest pair of KillerBs l purchased have a screw off 1/4” tip that goes over the hardwired 1/8” tip, both gold plated. Very slick idea. Excellent audio that really brings out the subtleties of the Disc tones.

I'll be giving them a try. Thanks JCR