You might want to inquire about the plug on the model you are considering to make sure. My other pair is just 1/4" I'm sure John can build what ever you want.

9 hours ago, JCR said:

You might want to inquire about the plug on the model you are considering to make sure. My other pair is just 1/4" I'm sure John can build what ever you want.

See that's the problem. Couple of us can fine no way to contact John.    It's a puzzle to me that my old ( non detecting) headphones work fine but other than that.   There doesn't seem to be anything that works.   Gonna have to dig deeper, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Garrett Clearsound are excellent headphones especially for only $28. on Amazon. The only thing is they have 1/4 jack. You can get a 1/8 adapter or re-wire a 1/8 plug or a M-8 plug available also on Amazon. If you use them for wading, you’ll need to waterproof the volume adjuster. I dipped it in some rubber coating. The speakers on these phones are especially great! Keith Southern sent a me pair a couple years ago and I’ve bought couple spare sets since. 
Also…..remember, you can use the pigtail adapter while wading and plug your jack into it and totally submerge it. It’s all waterproof.
APL

20F32051-FA99-49F6-A4A3-B7D7936A5B6B.png

@Dancer did you ever contact John on Killer B's? They will have the stereo/mono switch you need to make them compatible with different detectors. 

• Like 1

I bumped our previous PM. The web site does not seem to be working any longer. @stevegtalked to him recently.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCR said:

I bumped our previous PM. The web site does not seem to be working any longer. @stevegtalked to him recently.

John's email address is johnsmith55@bellsouth.net.

He was slow to respond; I'm hoping he's not semi-retiring, what with the website being down, and all...

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, steveg said:

John's email address is johnsmith55@bellsouth.net.

He was slow to respond; I'm hoping he's not semi-retiring, what with the website being down, and all...

Steve

As most all my detectors I hard wired a set of Pro Golds with an ip68 connector and cord to my Tarsacci. The volume pots let me adjust for my hearing differences from ear to ear. I never detect deeper than chest deep so no problems.

• Like 1

Its fairly simple to order a M8 adaptor which can be added to most water phones.  I do use Tonys phone.... but i have a pair with speakers as well.   I like the modulation Tonys gives but some like all targets to sound about the same and louder.... which speakers do.  Modulation thou gives me better sizing ability.  Brian from Jersey Shores FB page recently mentioned Thresher headphones for the Nox.... could be modified as well