White's Spectra Vision Experience?

Luki

hello guys, it's been some time since I wrote on this forum, my name is Luca and I write from Italy. I need to know if any of you have any positive experiences on the first Whites Spectra Vision model. I currently have a spectra V3I, but I have heard that the first Vision type is the best of the whole series. Thank you luca

Luki ... I think this question is asked by many Whites Spectra users ... according to information from a colleague who owned 4 Whites Spectra detectors ... also Vision .. Vision should be some 10% -15%.. deeper from V3i ...
  We will find out the whole truth only after a thorough testing of all three Whites Spectra models - Vision, V3 and V3i .. this spring when the snow melts .. on several test fields ...👍:wink:

You can still kick Whites Spectra in the depths using TX Bost ON.... and the mean value of RXGain 5-7..max. for /10"-13" coil/  and RXGain 6-9..max. /for small 7" or 6X10"coil/ according to the mineralization of the terrain ... and the size of the coil.

Sensitivity  setings to good depth is somewhere at DS 91-93... no less...

The basic mistake of many Spectra users is to run the detector on the very high setings RX Gain /10-15max/... and then turn TX BOST ON ...
This way it won't work well .... because a lot of deep signals will pass to you iron ... !!!

• Like 3

I think the idea that the original Vision is significantly superior to the V3i is oversold. Great series regardless of which version you own - have fun!

Just a note Luke. Please convert your posts to regular text before posting. Maybe paste into Notepad or some other simple text editor first, or take advantage of the option you are given here to post as plain text. You are posting in a format that most people can’t see or read due to the formatting, and I have to convert your posts to regular text so they can. Thanks. :smile:

• Like 1

Personally, I have not yet found any difference between Vision and my Spectra V3 - with the original electronics and the original 1 generation software ...... ,, at the same settings ...

one thing is for sure ... both of these Vision and Spectra V3 detectors have a much faster ground balance / a few seconds / compared to the newer Spetra V3i ... there is perhaps Gb / 15 seconds / ... there is a really significant difference ...

As I say .. I will be curious .... whether Vision will really be better in depth compared to the old Spectra V3 and also the new Spectra V3i compared to 2 powerful 12x10 "SEF coils .... and also 13" Ultimate .... .. right on 3 different mineralized test fields ...:smile:

Thanks guys for your useful information, I think I will buy a first type of Spectra Vision as soon as possible, the only defect of these detectors are the faulty and really badly made dd coils!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had the V3 and the V3i. I saw no difference in depth, only ground tracking. It was slowed down in the V3i to give a more stable ID, but apparently went to far and it doesn’t keep up with rapidly changing ground the way Vision and V3 do. This is an issue that won’t affect most inland soil, or uniform ground hunters. In fact, for inland fairly uniform soil you should benefit from the more stable ID. I still love my V3i and still use it despite having all the other top of the line machines. The V3i and CTX are still the best cherry picker discriminators ever made. And yes, invest in the Detech Ultimate 13. It will transform the machine 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...