Recent Government Shutdowns Threatening The Industrial Sector In Turkey

No doubt this could affect Nokta/Makro, Im assuming this wouldn't be the first time they've been up against tuff times and always seemed to deliver excellent products in a timely manner. Sounds pretty bad though ill let you guys make your own assumptions from this video. I wish nothing but the best for Nokta/Makro!!

• Like 1

I don't know, I think this Vegas Dtect guy is a bit of a drama queen, likes to stir the pot with a passive aggressive personality.  Definitely some challenges for the Turkish govt. to overcome, but now there's conspiracy theories that the Legend delays are due to this, and that's simply not the case.   A prominent tester found a design flaw that required all the control units and coils to be returned/upgraded.  Clearly it wasn't just a firmware upgrade as they're user upgradable.

Given their track record going back to the original Red Racer, I have the utmost confidence that Nokta Makro will not only produce a good quality product as promised, it also has the potential to change the competitive market for the better.

We shall see, but nobodies going to die if there's a delay 🤔

• Like 5

Well I haven't watched much of his vids so can say if he's a drama queen or not 🤣🤣. From what he says himself in this video seems to be just pretty much straight forward unbiased news. Sounds like you have a bit of insider news yourself so ill take your good word for it that is nothing to worry about. I would much rather look at the positive side of things. I don't mind a delay for a better product vs problems. In the end will make the Legend a stronger product.

• Like 3

I think you're exactly right.  If Nokta Makro wanted to, they could've released it as is and 95% of folks would've been very happy with it IMHO.   A little investment in patience will pay off on this one, and we'll end up with a stronger product.  After all of the spurring between ML and NM, NM wants to get this right, I don't think there's anything more to it then that.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Recent Government Shutdowns Threatening The Industrial Sector In Turkey

Why on Earth would anyone treat random YouTube content creators as a trusted news source?? Least of all, this particular clip from a guy with neon lights and lava lamps in the background who is worried about “economical” impacts based on “clippings” from a reporter he doesn’t even name and therefore also has absolutely zero credibility (although he does have a guitar). Just sensationalistic pseudo news/click bait/unsubstantiated amateur hour speculation, in my opinion, which reveals nothing credible about the true situation with the Legend, Nokia Makro, or even Turkey in general. My advice: get economic news from a real news source, then cross reference that news from at least a second true news source, then make an informed opinion. Looking at clips like these is no different than accepting the ravings of the average clueless guy on the street as gospel.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

There are several Youtube pontificators (I am not referring to Calabash by the way, he actually knows what he is talking about and won't say something that he hasn't substantiated through testing at least in his area) who sit in a chair in their YouTube home office and tell us all about what's up with a manufacturer or specific detector and base their opinions on opinions not facts. Some like the Vegas person above are just click bait artists, period. I don't blindly believe anything that guy says and I gain very little of anything from watching his videos.

• Like 3

Plenty of news sources saying the same thing. Might as well  blame covid like everyone else Haha. Gotta love YouTube and the people that make clickbait 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-gas-flow-turkey-cut-by-technical-failure-officials-2022-01-20/

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/energy/turkish-industry-warns-of-production-hit-as-iran-shuts-gas-flow

934777006_cartoondetectors.jpg.16d4aba6f6c88d77eb5896f76ac838da.jpg

• Haha 2

Well it's true, I'm happy to talk about metal detectors, I don't want to talk about that other crap.

• Like 4