Great News! Sharks Are Not Attracted By The Frequencies Of Your Detector..

That's great news, and I found that if someone else is detecting your area that your in just nick his leg just enough to draw a little blood and watch how fast the sharks help you out. Just remember to lay low for a little while as they clean up the mess.

• Haha 6

Those who still fear the 'death that strikes from below with big sharp teeth' could always try the SharkStopper favoured by spear fishermen and abalone divers.. Although they don't tell you the exact frequencies/pulses their device uses, it is supposed to repel sharks.. However, comparing the scientific reports to that of SharkStopper they seem to be using similar frequencies, so does it repel or attract sharks? 

http://www.sharkstopper.com/howitworks.htm 

• Like 1

That is great news! Just the other day I was wandering through the bush and had this weird feeling I was being watched by a great white.

• Haha 8

I too have not seen a shark where I detect, evidence suggests our detectors keep them away, now Erik does this apply to crocodiles too....... 🤪

Detect in AZ and NV, I have been offered to buy a beach front property in AZ, so there could be a shark there. Still thinking about buying it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Norvic said:

now Erik does this apply to crocodiles too....... 🤪

now you've got me worried about them too.. 😬

• Haha 4

Where I detect, the sharks would have to climb the mountains to get me, so I guess I'm double safe (detector frequency protection and the shark non-mountain status).

This thread is an informative and fun read, thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

When I was flying AC130 gunships at Hurlburt Field just East of Pensacola Florida, our approach to land concluded with a turn to short final that took us out over the Gulf of Mexico. As we approached the coastline and beach just before touch down, we would see all the beach goers. And at about 15 feet away from them, at the edge of the sandbar (most likely catching the crabs falling off the bar) were always groups of sharks. If only the beach goers could’ve seen what we did from the air…

48AD077B-C5C7-4FFF-93DE-890FBFAB9B2B.jpeg

• Like 8