Tarsacci Vs The Most Popular Unit On This Beach / Wading (salt Water)

Dancer

3 hunters own 4 of this biggest seller.  We all have older back ups.     Sometimes If one of us comes up with a feint signal, we'll call the nearest over to see what they think.    Early on they rarely could hear my target.     I hunt in AM,  they were in disc.     After switching to AM they all could hear something.  None of the machines vdi's  could lock on the deep target.    But even in AM , there was enough there for me to at least take a scoop to see.      Most of the time the target ends up being a deep corroded penny, sometimes a dime. And sometimes junk. Says something for hunting in AM when you can. Couple times , unrecovered due to waves.         The most successful of the four hunters are the two youngest.   Their tough being in 50's and 60's.      They can hunt deeper and much longer.  Me and another are in our early 70's and it's 4 hrs tops.         The youngest who owns two of the big sellers had both of them flood out and had to be repaired.           We all have scored on Gold but the two youngers finding the most.     So us oldtimers just gotta get that coil over the target.

• Like 2

Dancer,

You and friends are using your detectors to the very limit. This is very good work. Furthermore, it seems you are cleanly hitting targets so deep that recovery is now becoming the limiting factor. (!) 

Could you talk more about your settings and technique? 

There are advantages to tweaking machines on found targets especially if you can compare these targets with other people who are skilled with their machines.  Term comes to mind…. Ya don’t know what ya don’t know.   People hunt all the time with the wrong settings or really bad techniques ….. they find a few pieces of gold and think all is well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kaolin washer said:

How is it in the black sand,using the disc, and have you compared it to the new Deus 2?

Kaolin,  never hunted black sand that I know of.  Have not met anyone with a Deus II or even a Deus.     

• Like 1