Last Rock Id I Promise :)

Quartz - the yellowing isn't uncommon & I've seen it before. It's not gold.

The yellowing appears to more prolific in the second photo where the quartz has possibly come from some type of hydrothermal intrusion which could have altered the country rock causing the yellowing around the contact areas? It could be caused by other associated minerals etc. from the area? That's my guesstimate of it anyway :laugh:

Hey your not the same bloke that was putting up pics of quartz crystals on a gem forum & wouldn't believe they weren't diamonds were you?

• Like 1

It looks like you're wetting your rock samples. If it's gold, you won't need to wet the sample, you'll know right away. Plus, the suggestion to use a metal detector might save you a lot of time as well. I hope you figure it all out . . .

All the best,

Lanny

I had a shop, sold prospecting supplies and such...many would come in and ask questions. But the ones that stand out the most, not many but a few were the "Rock Heads. " They  would come in with a new rock every other week, month , year....saying theirs gold in it. I was polite thinking perhaps new blood and I will answer their questions, teach them. After spending half an hour or so explaining theirs no gold in ..the sample rock they brought in the  " rock head " left still not believing me. I told them start placer mining..get a pan and you will learn to recognize gold, easy to do, just about any stream in my area has bit of gold in it. But no.....most are in some trans state  the more they stare at the " Rock " the more gold is in it....lol  

• Like 3

*sighs* hold you to your promise. On that rock.  Massive quartz, some potential feldspar, ovailne, iron.  Junk for prospectors. NOw if for some obtuse reason your pyrite species lend some gold well there might be reason to rejoice.  However at this point in time thou is troll and regards to your posts. Nuff said. *(sighs)*