My Initial Thoughts On The Deus 2 Nugget Hunting In Mineralized Ground

abenson

Nice report, and I'm looking forward to more to come.

Doesn't the Deus I have some kind of magnetite indicator/measurement?  Deus II also?  If 'yes' to either, did you get a reading for that in your ground?

• Like 1

Yes there is a ground level bar at the bottom left of the screen. On the Deus 1 I can fill that bar by slowly pumping the coil over the ground. The Deus 2 appears to handle the minerals better than the Deus 1 because when I pump it over the ground I can't get it above about 5 bars. Maybe that's not really an indication of better handling. But I will tell you the Deus 2 it much quieter than the Deus 1 and that an 11" coil on the Deus 2. The Deus 1 I'm running a 5x10.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Abenson,

I am curious did you do any testing with Deus 2 in sensitive programs on the gold?

On Deus 1, the Gold Field mode was by far the most sensitive on smaller gold than any other program.

I am going to assume that it will also be the same on Deus 2. However, when gold prospecting it is great to have a secondary discrimination program to investigate iffy targets with. The first 4 modes included on Deus 2 look like very good candidates for that task where you can use the notch feature if needed, have multiple tone audio choices, the ability to customize those tones and have actual iron discrimination if needed. Listening to a threshold tone and 1 tone VCO audio for hours and hours going off on hot rocks and iron can definitely cause audio fatigue.

So I would also be interested in how General, Sensitive, Sensitive FT or Fast do compared to Gold Field on Deus 2 for ground handling and sensitivity to smaller gold nuggets in the .05 gram to 1 gram range.

Thanks Andy for doing your testing and for being willing to share your thoughts and impressions with us.

• Like 2

Andrew .... how would you rate the accuracy of VDI target identification Equinox vs Deus2 vs Deus 1? in such a mineralized soil? ..

I assume you have used Gold programs and Equinox in both Deus ....

And yes, 74 khz at the HF Elliptical Coil ... on the full bar of mineralization at Deus 1 can already give a response to the terrain itself ... ,, the only possibility is that you would find with a sensitivity lower than 80 ...

11 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Abenson,

I am curious did you do any testing with Deus 2 in sensitive programs on the gold?

I tried that today. Goldfield is much better on small gold.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

So I would also be interested in how General, Sensitive, Sensitive FT or Fast do compared to Gold Field on Deus 2 for ground handling and sensitivity to smaller gold nuggets in the .05 gram to 1 gram range.

Jeff I tried these modes today on a nugget less than .10 gram buried at about 1 inch. I may have to do it again tomorrow to confirm because I neglected to remove the notch on these programs. However might not make any difference as the nugget I used was IDing at 38. I also would like to test again tomorrow and play with the ground stabilizer in those modes as well.

So initial thought are Goldfield clearly has the 4 modes you mentioned beat. Fast seemed to be the best though. I will report more tomorrow evening.

Correct that last statement, not Fast but Sensitive was the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Andrew .... how would you rate the accuracy of VDI target identification Equinox vs Deus2 vs Deus 1? in such a mineralized soil? ..

I assume you have used Gold programs and Equinox in both Deus ....

And yes, 74 khz at the HF Elliptical Coil ... on the full bar of mineralization at Deus 1 can already give a response to the terrain itself ... ,, the only possibility is that you would find with a sensitivity lower than 80 ...

The VDI on the Deus 2 is excellent in this mineralization I'm hunting in. Clearly better than the Deus 1, haven't determined if it's better than the Equinox yet.

Yes I have 100's of hours on both machines using the gold programs. Some for gold some for relics.

I plan on using the Deus 1 again tomorrow and make some more comparisons. I'll follow up with a response then.

• Like 2

My experience day 2 with the Deus 2 about 6 hours of use. Really liking how it handles the ground and hot rocks. Very quiet machine compared to some. Very easy to ID hot rocks. No gold found by any of the 4 of us hunting today. But im confident I could find small bits if I got over them based on the bird shot and bullet fragments I was finding. Very impressed even with the 11" coil but it's cumbersome around all the rocks and brush. I really hope they make a 5x10 because even a 9 won't cut it.

• Like 9