Tough Emi And Salt Falsing Fight...with Tones? Maybe.

Skull diver

I casually found this video, looking for other frequency related things, but I found even more interesting this one, cause of the latest discussion on salt falsing and tiny, thin, micro or call it like You want but gold.

I'm a scuba diver, so I have specific needs, but all of You beach hunters in saltwater can add obviously your point of view.

So, fact N.1, the Orx and the Deus 1 are involved in this test and seems pretty clear that not having available multiple different tones, the Emi is terribly in a mix of signals and among those, the ring can be easily missed and misunderstood without fault.

I think on the Deus2  in the saltwater can be almost the same thing...Especially running frequencies over 20 Khz.

Fact N.2, with a different tone set, the saltwater falsing can be in someway identified with a specific tone if not so variable on the TID range....I don't want to affirm this, maybe to ask  is the right way....

I don't know if I'm seeing an open window for the gold fever or just a dream...So feel free to write any thought You may have..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Neither of these two machines will compare with the Deus2. 

Sure...I don't even know if submerged I'll be able to tweak my personal program like I want on the D2...

But the intention of my post is to understand if with tones, on the D2 it is possible to create an audio discrimination to avoid the  salt falsing to compromise gold/foil signals..

Right now, it appears clearly that EMI sounds are in the higher tones area...Unluckily salt is really low on the other side near 25/28 Imho...

And I received a bad new on the arrival of my unit...

Till the end of this month, I can only wait...

Too bad

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

But the intention of my post is to understand if with tones, on the D2 it is possible to create an audio discrimination to avoid the  salt falsing to compromise gold/foil signals..

You can create up to 3 separate audio notches in addition to the ferrous discrimination breakpoint.  

Deus and ORX should not be used as a reference for how the Deus 2 will handle EMI or salinity based ground noise.  There is just no comparison.

• Like 2

If this were a machine with tone and volume control this could be addressed by changing the selected tone to a different frequency (this function is available on the two machines of interest), and then adjusting the volume level of that individual tone to best contrast with the emi tone (this function is unavailable on all machines mentioned here). 

• Like 2