Are Boomerang Coils Flat Wound

Just curious I'd anyone knows if the Detech boomarang coils are flat wound like delete and evolution coils. The shape of the housing suggests it. If so how do they compare to the similar evo and elite coils? 

Also anyone using one of the ultimate 15 dd coils? Thanks

Hi Machineman,

I don't think the Detech Boomerang coil is spiral round, even if the shape suggests it has room for the flat type of windings.  In general, the Detech coils that are the newer wound variety are the "ultra", "sensing", or "ultimate" named ones, such as the
"Detech Ultimate Spiral" 15DD and "11in Mono Ultra Sensing". 

I've used several of the spiral wound offerings from Nugget Finder with my GPX and they are definitely able to find slightly smaller sized gold and metal items than say my Commander 15x12 coil.  The 17x13 and 12x8 Evolution coils are nice elliptical coils for good coverage while also giving a sharp signal.  However, in my medium to severely mineralized ground, I often need to run in Enhance timing to keep the ground from reacting with too many signals.  But, I also recently got the Detech Ultimate Spiral 15DD coil and I have been able to run it in the same ground in the much more powerful Normal timing.  It found me a few nice nuggets hiding in severely mineralized red dirt where my mono coils wouldn't stop giving me constant ground signals.  Its a great all-around and versatile coil, though at a cost of being HEAVY!  Here's some more info I wrote up in another thread:

• Like 1