Would You Buy This MX5 Package?

11 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

You may want to take the MX5 out for a few hours. With the right coil, such as a small coil (4x6 shooter) it’s a great single frequency detector. The one I had was as deep and almost as hot as the MX Sport. Personally I liked  the tones better than the Sport.  Pin point locks the ground tracking and the suspend mode was nice while digging a target.  Heck keep it in your car or truck and use it as a backup or loner. 

What do you think of it compared to the Simplex? That’s my backup/loaner at this point. Other than Deus 2 I’m probably not looking to keep anything new. 

The Simplex is newer technology, and water proof with wireless head phones. The frequency is pretty close, 12 kHz compared to the MX5 13.8 kHz. The MX5 may have more coils to choose from but the Simplex has at least 4 different coils I believe. I’ve never had a Simplex but the reviews are good and I do like N/M quality of my Gold Kruzer. 

Simplex is well built, wireless, waterproof, rechargeable and compact. Definitely keeping that for my backup and shallow fresh water machine. I bought it for $200 WHP not too long ago. 

• The title was changed to Would You Buy This MX5 Package?