Would You Buy This MX5 Package?

I’m always combing through the buy, sell, trade mediums to find great deals on machines and gear. Releases like the Simplex and Vanquish have really placed a new ceiling on the value of older equipment. Still, I thought this was a good deal.

Whites MX5 Metal Detector

Whites Bullseye TRX 

Keene 50” gold sluice box 

Garret gold pan and classifier 

assorted diggers

Beach scoop (mid end)

$225

I went ahead and bought the lot so I could keep the bullseye Trx and gold sluice. The rest will be sold later in the year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m always combing through the buy, sell, trade mediums to find great deals on machines and gear. Releases like the Simplex and Vanquish have really placed a new ceiling on the value of older equipment. Still, I thought this was a good deal.

Whites MX5 Metal Detector

Whites Bullseye TRX 

Keene 50” gold sluice box 

Garret gold pan and classifier 

assorted diggers

Beach scoop (mid end)

$225

I went ahead and bought the lot so I could keep the bullseye Trx and gold sluice. The rest will be sold later in the year. 

That was a steal. You did well.👍

• Like 1

After I bought it I remembered that I had a non-Vrated Super 12” concentric I had mistakenly bought for my V3i. I checked the 9” Spider that came stock on the MX5 and it’s V-rated, so I’ll be keeping that for the V3i and I mounted the Super 12 on the MX5. I must say I’m very impressed with preliminary air tests with either coil on the MX5. It’s a beast. I had no idea 

So I got an extra or backup Bullseye TRX, a 50” gold sluice, and 9” concentric for my V3i out of it. Come spring I’ll make all or more than I paid back out of the rest. 

• Like 1

It cost me more than that to get a refurbished TRX from USA.  What a score.

I just didn’t have the heart to ask him to take less. I figured that in asking $225 he probably really only wanted $200, but I just went with well enough on this one. I especially didn’t want to let the TRX get away. Ever since Whites went out of business I wished I had bought an extra. Now I have one if anything happens to my original. 

• Like 2

You may want to take the MX5 out for a few hours. With the right coil, such as a small coil (4x6 shooter) it’s a great single frequency detector. The one I had was as deep and almost as hot as the MX Sport. Personally I liked  the tones better than the Sport.  Pin point locks the ground tracking and the suspend mode was nice while digging a target.  Heck keep it in your car or truck and use it as a backup or loner. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Would You Buy This MX5 Package?