Trails And Tribulations Of A Field Tester..

Thanks for the videos, and thanks for sharing the testing. They were interesting to watch and I think that I may have learned something from them.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay away from sharks and crocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Good luck on your next hunt and stay away from sharks and crocks.

on the beach they're not too much of a worry.. hopefully I'll see them coming before they get to me.. underwater is a different story.. 😬  

• Like 1

For any frequency-junkies out there, I'm running the Equinox on Beach 1 (sensitivity 22).. and the Deus II is on the Beach Sensitive program, tuned into whatever sensitivity/salt settings etc. are at play in this program.. 😬 As you can see, the Beach Sensitive program on the Deus II is very busy taking into account my local beach and sea conditions / today's tides / EMI variables / saltwater 'static' / probability of shark or crock attack / space alien interference / ever-moving targets / a very inexperienced user /  etc.. and deserves to be given a fair go in your own beach tests.. but IMHO the Nox-Lite sucks.. Equinox you rock my beach.. 😮

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Trails And Tribulation Of A Field Tester..

Erik,

Thank you very much for the test.  I agree with you there doesn't seem to be to much difference between the two machines.  If you are able to, I would like to see one added test the next time you are in this position.  It's a test that will help you in the future recovering targets.  The next time you are in this situation could you show the pinpoint function on both of these machines.  I was never a fan of the Equinox's ability to pinpoint at the beach, especially with the 15" coil, but I wanted to see if the Deus II is better.  It will also save you time and trouble recovering the target.  With an accurate pinpoint and a decent scoop, that target would be at worse two scoops for a recovery.  Again thank you for another fantastic informative video.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Stalker said:

With an accurate pinpoint and a decent scoop, that target would be at worse two scoops for a recovery.  Again thank you for another fantastic informative video.

Thanks Stalker, I normally don't have that much trouble finding the target.. I know a scoop would've helped but it's just another thing to drag around the beach.. my hands were already full with two detectors and the camera to film these tests.. 😁 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Trails And Tribulations Of A Field Tester..

Erik,

Sorry.  I often forget how much effort goes into creating these comparison videos.  I'm sitting on my couch with 24" of snow on the ground outside and you are chasing two detectors in the waves on a beach.  

• Like 1

Here's a pic of the little ring.. although it hasn't got a any mark, both detectors tell me it's silver.. 😁

1.jpg

• Like 5

Thank Erik.  That looked like hard work. Also, your beach appears to have plenty of black sand areas so I am not surprised if you continue to see similar results between the Equinox and Deus ll.

thanks,

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

your beach appears to have plenty of black sand areas

That's what I've been wondering about.. how much black sand qualifies as a 'black sand' beach? my beaches are all like this, and in some bays there's a thick black sand layer.. I'm always digging into it on deeper targets.. you could be right about the same results for both detectors, it's what I'm used to.. 😁