Goldfield Progs Query

brys

Good question. I'm guessing the same.

i have put a hold on d2 purchase until i find some proof of depth increase as a pal says the vanquish is deeper and hes lending me his machine to test it .he has 40 yrs of all machines and i respect his decision

videos i have seen shows d2  its not too deep#  theres a big saving on a vanquish also

Calabash has a video with the D2 hitting a fresh buried 12" dime. The D2, D1 and Orx go deep on gold rings. D1 and Orx at a mild freshwater beach will hit a 14"+ gold ring buried in a sandy beach. The D2 will hit that ring at same depth on wet ocean beach. I don't know if the D2 would go deeper on a mild lake beach.

I have seen his videos with the Anfibio, Equinox, and Orx hitting a test silver dime at 14".

I don't think the D2 will be any deeper. It might separate better, has more controls and better waterproofing. 

3 hours ago, brys said:

all metal mode in non polluted soil ,no habitation ever

Your statement above removes the problem of habitation and human trash. It does not address the problem of the ground itself being a detectable target and attenuating detector effectiveness and the depth issues that can result.

I don't have a Deus 2. I have owned the Deus 1 and ORX. Abenson on this forum is doing some testing and preliminary videos using Deus 2 Gold Field with FMF tech. He is a Deus 1 owner also.

XP claims that FMF will perform extremely well in all terrains and soil types. 

If that is true and I certainly hope it is, Deus 2 Gold Field or any other Deus 2 mode using FMF should see the ground itself as less of a target no matter how mineralized it is or isn't. That should improve overall depth and target ID accuracy when testing a Deus 2 against a Deus 1 on the same ground if Deus 2 is operating at a similar weighted FMF frequency combination as Deus 1 in single frequency and the ground balance, reactivity, audio, audio response and discrimination or IAR settings are similar.

• Like 2

i get an 19th C  pewter button at 12 inches on a historical site with gold field prog so hoping it can do better on clean soil where a celtic fort was sited ,i need more depth as finds will be deep

using     d1 and 11 coil