I have high hopes for Minelab, Garrett, NM and Fisher. I'm holding out for awhile and see what's coming before I get anything new.

This spring & summer I will be using my T2se and Xp Orx . My Orx in my mild sandy lakes, I don't see the Deus 2 going any deeper. That's the way it is with vlf lol. 

Well, if nothing else comes along this year, the Deus 2 is generating a lot of excitement around the incremental advances they’ve made in multifrequency performance. I’ll refrain from using hyperbole like “it blows everything else out of the water,” but credit where credit is due, Deus 2 did find some magic somehow, with many measurable advantages. It has me considering selling my equinox at this point, and I didn’t think that would happen until Minelab came along with gen 2 multi-iq.

Now hopefully, Nokta Makro going back to the drawing board on the Legend means they will try to match Deus 2 performance. That would be nice if they could do it.

I’m surprised to see the Etrac discontinued. I wonder if we might see a price drop on the CTX anytime soon. I have mine, but for others. 

I found more with my bounty hunter quick draw in the 70,s than my 1750.$ modern state of the art Tarsacci, its a strange thing , back then i had a crap detector but found more silver , and with the best of detectors i find, very little ,we need a detector that can see thru Iron and aluminum  to a depth of 24 "

4 minutes ago, Kaolin washer said:

I found more with my bounty hunter quick draw in the 70,s than my 1750.$ modern state of the art Tarsacci, its a strange thing , back then i had a crap detector but found more silver , and with the best of detectors i find, very little ,we need a detector that can see thru Iron and aluminum  to a depth of 24 "

Wow, I wish I had been detecting back in the 70's or 80's when US silver coins from the 50's and 60s were recent drops instead of being under 8 to 12" of dirt.

• Like 5

I’ll preface this with; I’m dumb as a post, but would it be possible to combine VLF and PI? Is it just a computer thing?

see I told ya!

it's already .... it's PI Garrett ATX - but it uses VLF mode when in  Iron check mode ....

4 hours ago, opalboy said:

I’ll preface this with; I’m dumb as a post, but would it be possible to combine VLF and PI? Is it just a computer thing?

see I told ya!

In theory they are simply two separate things, induction balance (continuous transmission), versus pulse induction (intermittent transmission). So kind of like combining AC and DC current. But the processing side can be combined in some ways, and has been, so we are seeing some merging of capability via processing. The so-called hybrid machines. But at the end of the day it’s still the same choice. PI offers raw power, but minimal discrimination. IB offers better discrimination, but less raw power. At this point in time you need both types of detectors, if the need exists, because no one machine comes close yet to combining PI depth with IB discrimination.

It would be easy at this point to make a detector that put both in one box, and simply switch between the two methods to cross check a target. The only issue really would be making a decent coil for the process, but it would not be hard. I’m surprised no manufacturer has bothered implementing this in a decent form yet, as I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

How Metal Detectors Work by By Mark Rowan & William Lahr, White’s Electronics

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In theory they are simply two separate things, induction balance (continuous transmission), versus pulse induction (intermittent transmission). So kind of like combining AC and DC current. But the processing side can be combined in some ways, and has been, so we are seeing some merging of capability via processing. The so-called hybrid machines. But at the end of the day it’s still the same choice. PI offers raw power, but minimal discrimination. IB offers better discrimination, but less raw power. At this point in time you need both types of detectors, if the need exists, because no one machine comes close yet to combining PI depth with IB discrimination.

It would be easy at this point to make a detector that put both in one box, and simply switch between the two methods to cross check a target. The only issue really would be making a decent coil for the process, but it would not be hard. I’m surprised no manufacturer has bothered implementing this in a decent form yet, as I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

How Metal Detectors Work by By Mark Rowan & William Lahr, White’s Electronics

supposedly this does that.  but I don't know if it's true

https://www.mundodetector.com/detectores-de-gran-profundidad/742-detector-de-metales-blackdog-hybridscan.html

The Blackdog HybridScan metal detector is a professional detector that combines two technologies: VLF and pulse induction.

Manufactured with the highest quality components (military type).

It stands out for having automatic ground tracking (AUTO-TRACK), and automatic sensitivity adjustment, which adapts itself to ground conditions.