Because I found some good targets with the GM 1000, I believe I really need a PI for large nuggets. Because I can´t afford a GPX or a GPZ , I decided taking a leap of faith on the "NEW 2022" German made OKM Delta Pulse -omega version-. 

https://www.okmdetectors.com/products/pulse-nova?variant=37643600658600

I am a bit scared with my decision because OKM is a freaky company! Their headquarters is a glass pyramid... 🙂 Their main focus are several radar and image machines for archaeology. They also have a "long range" detector and as I learned from Steve that is a major no no... Their videos suck and are directed to the middle east.

Anyway, I tried to get informed about OKM and they seem legit. The headquarters exists, they appeared on national German TV, they are certified by the German chamber of commerce and the financial information offered by survey companies state that they sell about 2,5 million€ per year.  They have a fairly extensive user manual for the machine.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0274/1154/6156/files/Manual_Pulse-Nova_EN.pdf?v=18306139255944048693

I believe this is their second PI model (the first seems to have been some years ago). This Pulse nova model has been released in 2021 and apparently was sold out. They informed me they have a new batch expected for early march.

It´s a PI unit but they don´t explain in detail the technical features. It has two monocoils 18cm (7") and 38 cm (15") . Bluetooth technology for headphones and control unit. Just two knobs (sensitivity and sound) and one of the knobs has a press button for ground balance. Weight of the machine is about 2 to 2,5 kg (4 to 5 lb).

It appears that the control box is detachable because of the option of using a large "square meter coil" that is included in the "+" version . My expectation is that I can detach it when using the coils to reduce the weight. 

Well this is my plan. Any thoughts?

It looks to me like they've virtually hit the holy grail.  If it can ignore aluminum foil yet hit tiny gold nuggets its a miracle.  I hope you've not wasted your money.  Please post how you go with it once it arrives. 

From their marketing.

• Detectable objects: Natural gold and metal objects of any size, developed to ignore unwanted trash such as scrap bottle caps or aluminum foil
  • Easy to use for inexperienced users and those familiar with PI detectors: only 2 preset controls for volume and sensitivity
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It looks to me like they've virtually hit the holy grail.  If it can ignore aluminum foil yet hit tiny gold nuggets its a miracle.  I hope you've not wasted your money.  Please post how you go with it once it arrives. 

From their marketing.

• Detectable objects: Natural gold and metal objects of any size, developed to ignore unwanted trash such as scrap bottle caps or aluminum foil
  • Easy to use for inexperienced users and those familiar with PI detectors: only 2 preset controls for volume and sensitivity

Yup! I had the feeling that you would be supportive... It´s seems something similar to the QED. I will post info when I have it.

Cheerio

Sometimes you just have to try something new. I hope it works out for you and wasn't too expensive. Chapter 6 (Troubleshooting) in the manual, may tell you all of the problems you may have. Those would probably be the best things to try and get better at doing. I'm thinking EMI may be an issue as well as small targets, but you never know. It will be interesting to hear how you like it.

• Like 1

The stories are true! Hate to show my age but in the late 70s and into the 80s, it was a normal day to bring home a handful of silver. My gto glovebox was full of Indian heads and Wheaties till it couldn't hold any more and I'd have to clean it out. I hate to think of all the gold I didn't dig. I'd have to think since there wasn't as much aluminum trash back then, the gold ratio would've been higher.

• Like 6

On 2/12/2022 at 3:23 PM, Sérgio Campos said:

Because I found some good targets with the GM 1000, I believe I really need a PI for large nuggets. Because I can´t afford a GPX or a GPZ , I decided taking a leap of faith on the "NEW 2022" German made OKM Delta Pulse -omega version-. 

https://www.okmdetectors.com/products/pulse-nova?variant=37643600658600

I am a bit scared with my decision because OKM is a freaky company! Their headquarters is a glass pyramid... 🙂 Their main focus are several radar and image machines for archaeology. They also have a "long range" detector and as I learned from Steve that is a major no no... Their videos suck and are directed to the middle east.

Anyway, I tried to get informed about OKM and they seem legit. The headquarters exists, they appeared on national German TV, they are certified by the German chamber of commerce and the financial information offered by survey companies state that they sell about 2,5 million€ per year.  They have a fairly extensive user manual for the machine.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0274/1154/6156/files/Manual_Pulse-Nova_EN.pdf?v=18306139255944048693

I believe this is their second PI model (the first seems to have been some years ago). This Pulse nova model has been released in 2021 and apparently was sold out. They informed me they have a new batch expected for early march.

It´s a PI unit but they don´t explain in detail the technical features. It has two monocoils 18cm (7") and 38 cm (15") . Bluetooth technology for headphones and control unit. Just two knobs (sensitivity and sound) and one of the knobs has a press button for ground balance. Weight of the machine is about 2 to 2,5 kg (4 to 5 lb).

It appears that the control box is detachable because of the option of using a large "square meter coil" that is included in the "+" version . My expectation is that I can detach it when using the coils to reduce the weight. 

Well this is my plan. Any thoughts?

Why believe any company that sells crap like this:

https://www.okmdetectors.com/products/bionic-x4

"Customers found treasures up to 20 meters (65 ft) in a range of 10 km (12 miles)"

Sales size and volume is no indication of legitimacy. Don't walk - RUN! Maybe they have some stuff that works, but in my view that does not forgive ripping people off with other items. No matter what, claims of digging gold and ignoring all the trash are just bogus on the face of it.

Mind you, I have no issues with dowsing. What I have an issue with is people dressing a dowsing device up as an electronic instrument, and then charging a fortune for it, in this case over $12,000, when a pair of welding rods would work as well. 

bionic.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sergio, be careful, what you want !!! ...
Read the manufacturer's description very carefully ... and maybe your ideas about the possibilities of this detector will really fade ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Targeted Search with Pulse Nova

Thanks to the way it works and the different coils, treasure hunters can focus well on their target objects: With the large search coil as well as the Frame Coil Xi104, small objects such as bottle caps, pull tabs and small pieces of aluminum foil can be ignored. But beware: Even single coins cannot be displayed when using the large search coils! Depending on the application and target object, make sure to select the appropriate coil:

• Large search coil, large magnetic field: mainly larger metal objects can be found.
  • Small search coil, small magnetic field: Smaller objects can also be detected.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

......I think that for the price of 2000 euros you can already buy really tried and tested models of PI detectors .. known manufacturers ..👍:smile:

I did so myself and bought a PI  ..Garrett ATX  metal detector - second hand ../ 1300 euros /....:wink:

• Like 3

On 2/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, Luis said:

The Blackdog HybridScan metal detector is a professional detector that combines two technologies: VLF and pulse induction.

Here's that company's webpage (note you can select the language you prefer).

https://www.blackdogcoils.com/

On 2/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Say what?  Did I miss something?  Or do you and I use the term "back to the drawing board" differently?  Last I saw (from Dilek) they are implementing some tweaks/fixes that were discovered by field testers.  Maybe I read some speculation by people thousands of miles away from the action, but I try to not be drawn in by that.

Perhaps we define it differently, as I’m not suggesting they are redesigning the machine from scratch in any sense, but I would call recalling all the units from testers going back to the drawing board. When it comes to moves like this, you have to go more by what they do than what they say. They obviously were not happy with something that necessitated recalling not just the software, but the whole kit, and things are now an open question again, even after todays dubious video update.