Looks like a new company with currently limited distribution (map only shows European outlets).  The Hybridscan appears interesting, but do you need to change coils to go from PI to VLF?  Is there much demand for PI's in Europe (compared to parts of the world where native gold is more prevalent)?

Their aftermarket coils are made for many major detector brands.  Do they offer something that the other aftermarket coil manufacturers don't?  (I only see two models and one appears to be either a work-in-progress, or at least their website page for that is.)

For me personally I just can’t get very excited by even the latest VLF offerings. It’s all just more of the same in different packages as far as I’m concerned. My interest is in PI, where real power exists, especially now since the options have become so limited. It’s almost Minelab or nothing now, with only Garrett as a mainline alternative with ATX and Sea Hunter.

I was really hoping Fisher would fill the gaps in 2021, and have dialed that back now to simply hoping they can get a relatively bug free PI out the door before the end of this year. At least we know they are working on it. Not a hint of a real rumor anywhere else though. I’d just like something a little more beach friendly to complement my GPX 6000, but I do not want to go back to a third ATX, so I guess I’ll just keep waiting. And waiting. And waiting. :smile:

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’d just like something a little more beach friendly to complement my GPX 6000, but I do not want to go back to a third ATX

Garrett would seem to be sitting in a position of advantage they refuse to take advantage of. The ATX would almost certainly sell well if they would put it in an ergonomic package.

22 minutes ago, Geezer said:

The ATX would almost certainly sell well if they would put it in an ergonomic package.

Since you're new here (at least as a poster), you probably missed this:

Unfortunately (for everyone but one person) Steve sold it on Ebay and I (and presumably many others) failed to grab it.  :sad:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Unfortunately (for everyone but one person) Steve sold it on Ebay and I (and presumably many others) failed to grab it.

I did follow that for a while, but lost track of it. Detector mods are interesting, but far beyond my skill set. Thanks for this reminder, I will go back and see how that turned out,

I have always had a vague sensation of frustration with Garrett for the ATX, this really strikes a chord with me. I wanted one of these badly but could not get past that clunky and heavy package that looks one grain of sand away from sliding plastic disaster.

I had a SeaHunter, 2 SeaHunter Mk2s, and 2 Infiniums. Every single one that I dove with leaked, but they were all excellent waders and I loved them. Garrett was also very good about repairing or replacing those that leaked even when long past warranty. I started with them and have a soft spot for that company, they just will not make something I can use now.

It is the same thing with Fisher. I wanted that AQ bad, it looked even better than ATX. A modern looking detector that might actually bring something to the game. Holy Cow though, just how long should I sit here listening to my arteries harden waiting for that?

Instead of a new detector this year, I bought the 12” coil and waterproof headphones for my Tarsacci instead. I am going back in the water this year for the first time in more than 5 years. New with old.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, Kaolin washer said:

I found more with my bounty hunter quick draw in the 70,s than my 1750.$ modern state of the art Tarsacci, its a strange thing , back then i had a crap detector but found more silver , and with the best of detectors i find, very little ,we need a detector that can see thru Iron and aluminum  to a depth of 24 "

The silver is gone now.. It was not the detector.. silver was covering the ground. I was there 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Looks like a new company with currently limited distribution (map only shows European outlets).  The Hybridscan appears interesting, but do you need to change coils to go from PI to VLF?  Is there much demand for PI's in Europe (compared to parts of the world where native gold is more prevalent)?

Their aftermarket coils are made for many major detector brands.  Do they offer something that the other aftermarket coil manufacturers don't?  (I only see two models and one appears to be either a work-in-progress, or at least their website page for that is.)

In the video you can see that you have to change the coil from pulse to vlf.  The company is recent but the manufacturer has been making detectors for some time.  In Spain there is gold, luckily the Romans did not take all of it, but the great demand for pulse detectors that are sold here are not for the purpose of gold nuggets

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 9:54 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Why believe any company that sells crap like this:

https://www.okmdetectors.com/products/bionic-x4

"Customers found treasures up to 20 meters (65 ft) in a range of 10 km (12 miles)"

Sales size and volume is no indication of legitimacy. Don't walk - RUN! Maybe they have some stuff that works, but in my view that does not forgive ripping people off with other items. No matter what, claims of digging gold and ignoring all the trash are just bogus on the face of it.

Mind you, I have no issues with dowsing. What I have an issue with is people dressing a dowsing device up as an electronic instrument, and then charging a fortune for it, in this case over $12,000, when a pair of welding rods would work as well. 

bionic.jpg

They must be legit, Kelly Co sells them 🙄

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/metal-detectors?manufacturer=44

• Haha 1

I think Simon's "view from outside" is interesting  ,

You never know when the unknown company will become the next big thing.

We've all seen it happen (Just one EX: SpaceX ) I saw many examples in my years in pro audio...

I blew the wad on the 800 , so I'm just watching ...but with interest , I'm not dead yet🤞

But sure would have to think if someone combined the 800 and the 6000 over in the Lab of Mine . There would be more than a few pre orders .🤩

• Like 1