XP Deus 2 And Equinox 800 11" Coils On Buried Dime In Arizona Mineralized Dirt

I'm surprised on both detectors how a single inch can change the results so much in that soil, pretty crazy.  I'm certainly not used to dealing with soil like that 🙂

• Like 4

Deep hi conductor seemed best on both dimes! Vdi seemed more stable than the Nox! And yeah, as Simon stated; that one inch definitely has an effect!

Would like to find a video of same setup in Culpepper Va. As a comparison for very mineralized soil! Anybody seen one yet?

I can't be critical of anybody that takes the time to make videos! Thanks for the info!👍👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Would like to find a video of same setup in Culpepper Va. As a comparison for very mineralized soil! Anybody seen one yet?

Hugh (Chase Goldman) will hopefully be able to at least tell us about how it performs in Culpeper soon. I do know that Matt Howell (Gone Diggin) just got one and he's in VA. He'll most likely be the first one to post a video about the Deus 2 in Culpeper. I've hunted it quite a bit in the past with both the Deus and Equinox. Most everything starts sounding like iron on a VLF at about 6" there. I'd expect the Deus 2 to have similar performance as the Equinox.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm surprised on both detectors how a single inch can change the results so much in that soil, pretty crazy.  I'm certainly not used to dealing with soil like that 🙂

Simon....That's what is interesting ... on these highly mineralizing tests ... ,, because not a very deep detection of targets quickly stops working reliably .... even one inch deeper and a good signal becomes a border signal .!!!

In tests in highly mineralized magnetite terrain / Equinox GB = 3 /, the imaginary limit of good detection of such large targets is somewhere at the 6 "level for high-performance VLF detectors ..... And ..beyond the 6 "depth level ... the detection power of many detectors is rapidly lost and the 7" detection depth itself can be the limit for reliable detection .. for a coin of conductivity and  size such as a silver Dime. ..

Even deeper targets at depths of 8"  for 1gram Gold... or  and 9"- for 5gram silver coin ...in such mineralization will be the full limit of the detection capabilities of Vlf detectors ... because many detectors do not prove the signal  for such targets even in all metal mode ..  and it is not yet to identify such signals as good targets. ....!!!

Ps ....I would like to thank Andrew ... / Abenson / for his time and effort in performing this Test..in highly mineralized magnetite terrain ... and comparing Equinox 800  and Deus II... under the same conditions .. on multiple detection programs for both detectors ..

His tests are really realistic ... and at the same time very instructive...👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So basically, all thing being equal! We still seem to be, as before, at a VLF's limit in mineralized soil! Not surprising i suppose!

So comes down to price and feature set of the newest VLF's! And of course, brand preferences! Since both Equinox and Deus have a following of core users, I'd expect price won't be as much of an issue for Deus 1 users!! Same will probably be said when a new Equinox comes to market!!👍👍

• Like 4

Abenson, may I ask what is the soil GB number on the ‘Nox where the test was done?  I’d like to get an idea how your soil compares to soil in my area.

Thanks!

It looked like 3 to 5 from what I could see which is about right for the gold prospecting areas I have hunted in central AZ. Most ground balance between 1 and 13

• Like 2