MX Sport Hunt Up In Gold Country

Guest Paul (Ca)

Guest Paul (Ca)

Spent a few hours up in gold country, short Relic hunt on a friend's property.  Recent rains made the hunt tough, ground was soaked and many areas not only were streams flowing but even the ground had a thin carpet of water flowing across the terrain. Was forced to remain near the road, maybe next trip venture in deeper.

Still, through water and mud hiked to a pounded site. Pounded is an understatement, we've clobbered it but the MX Sport scored a few relics,  no coins but a happy camper none the less.

Those needing a faster snappier recovery, quicker audio. May want to use Prospecting mode VCO off position for Relic hunting, even inland detecting if the user prefers 2-tone.

The other modes, tend to take away recovery and the audio drags on to long if the user is needing a faster mode for tough conditions.

My favorite is using Prospecting mode VCO OFF position, SAT maxied out at 6 because of the abundance of iron.  This is by far the best mode and features to use as a Relic detector, can he used for inland coin/jewelry hunting as well if the user is  ok with 2-tone.

Dug an eagle button, several pistol balls, toe tap, Henry shell and a neat buckel.

Added a pic of a detector stand on the MX Sport, and the area the headphone plug is mounted. Using two zip ties to fasten the plug onto the slots for the arm strap, one of the cable clips attaches cord below handgrip.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

IMG_20160314_215350.jpg

IMG_20160314_205833.jpg

IMG_20160315_075156.jpg

Beautiful property and nice finds! If they would repackage the GMT like this I would grab it up in 2 seconds, unfortunately I don't need another mid-range vlf detector that doesn't offer anything more than those I already have.

• Like 1

Your tongue to the Miner's Buckle is an awesome find, it's a very rare buckle, if no one has found the 3 other missing pieces I would be back out trying to find them!!

Here's a video  from Ron and Mark of Ca Relic Adventures of the same Miner's Buckle found by Mark, Mark found 3 of the 4 pieces of the buckle, he sent it to Leonard Short in Virginia to be restored who is a master at his craft!! 

This is the same Ron and Mark in the video posted by Deathray in his topic...  How I Got Poison Oak , Video

The final results of the restore is amazing, especially IMHO because of the patina it has after the restoration, not to mention that it is a perfect complete buckle now!

• Like 1

Guest Paul (Ca)

Wow! That's Incredible! Didn't realize the buckle was rare, thanks Gold Seeker for posting Marks and Ron's video.

And thanks Au_Solitude, Lanny, Ray and Gold Seeker for the encouraging words.

This is great, I've got to get back up there and find the rest of buckle. Amazing, super find!

Thanks again, really appreciate the help!

Paul

Sweet finds mr, sounds like ur liking the new mx sport, id go back with a smaller coil when can maybe able to pull some more great finds.

Guest Paul (Ca)

Thanks kickindirt, 

I agree, need a smaller coil. The area the buckle came from is laced with iron, so a smaller coil will greatly help.

I don't even know if they're available?  I'll try and find out tomorrow, hopefully get them before my next days off in 10 days.

Thanks again,

Paul