Minelab Equinox 600 Vs Nokta Makro Legend

hi to all im currently using the equinox 600 and considering upgrading to nokta legend i only metal detect underwater so the underwater performance of the machine is very important to me also the customer support is very important too unfortunately minelab is an export machine in my country and the parts of it are very hard to find in my country fox example the koss headphones is very hard to find in here etc etc what are your thoughts is it worth getting the legend ? 

Your question is a very good one. Since you are an underwater detector user, the one feature that is missing on the Equinox for use underwater that I really like is the vibrating handle feature on the Legend and several other Nokta Makro waterproof detectors. I have enjoyed using that feature on the Simplex and Multi Kruzer. It alerts the user that a target has been detected very well. So no need for audio really when the detector is submerged. Just check the display after the handle vibrates. Also, I have no doubt that the Legend will have better waterproofing and a more sturdy build quality than the Equinox 600 or 800.

There are several other reasons why I would consider the Legend at least on paper, to be a better choice as far as included features versus the Equinox 600. Since there are even more updates and upgrades happening now, those differences may be even greater.

The one really big consideration that we just don't know about it overall performance, Legend versus Equinox 600 or 800. Not enough comparison testing has been done and even less has been posted on YouTube. What was posted was with pre production models which are undergoing changes so, who knows.