New Garrett Price Increases Next Week

Garrett Price Increases in 7 Days

On Feb 14th the new and increased Garrett Pricing is going into effect. Get ahead of the increase - Shop Garrett Now  We will start a gradual price update between now and then, in order to get all Garrett pricing adjusted before the deadline. Garrett's accessory and apparel pricing will be adjusted first. We will then end this week with the Garrett detector price changes. In other words, Sunday 13th will be the last day before the entire Garrett Catalog will be updated. 

• Thanks 1

I can probably tell you why. The chip shortage is crazy and chip prices are doubling, tripling, and quadrupling. When you can get any chips at all. At FTP we are scrambling to sub parts just to keep things in production and the prices are eye-popping.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Geotech said:

I can probably tell you why. The chip shortage is crazy and chip prices are doubling, tripling, and quadrupling. When you can get any chips at all. At FTP we are scrambling to sub parts just to keep things in production and the prices are eye-popping.

Sounds worse than I thought.

I just couldn't fathom the idea of a company increasing the prices of almost decades old machines. But I guess if the cost of production go up that much, there's no other option. But then again, some of them were overpriced to begin with...

• Like 1

Garrett who?....

• Haha 1

I lucked out. I got a brand new (was in box for 4 years in a guys closet) CTX3030 with full warranty for $1,400.00. The guy had passed away and the dealer was selling it for his widow. He indicated that she would probably negotiate on the price, but I told him $1,400 was fair and I did not feel right offering anything less. Very happy with my new CTX. It has some good features that should have been in the 800. Or they could have offered the 600, 800 and 1000 with the good CTX features. Had they done that they might have a better chance in fighting off the XP Deus 2.

3 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

I lucked out. I got a brand new (was in box for 4 years in a guys closet) CTX3030 with full warranty for $1,400.00. The guy had passed away and the dealer was selling it for his widow. He indicated that she would probably negotiate on the price, but I told him $1,400 was fair and I did not feel right offering anything less. Very happy with my new CTX. It has some good features that should have been in the 800. Or they could have offered the 600, 800 and 1000 with the good CTX features. Had they done that they might have a better chance in fighting off the XP Deus 2.

This is actually the Garrett forum, not sure what any of this has to do with Garrett. But last I looked the 600 is half the price of the Deus 2… I don’t think there is as much “fighting off” going on as you might think. The over $1000 mark is not where the real money is for metal detector manufacturers or retailers, and the “value for dollars spent” is an area that Garrett has dominated in many ways, despite the impression given on Internet forums. When I go to local metal detector club meetings, I see lots of Garrett, almost no XP.

Which is how I bring this back to being a Garrett thread….. :smile:

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, Geotech said:

On 2/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, Geotech said:

mr. moreland!  when is ftp comin' out with new stuff?
anything in "skunk works"? don't want them to lose their "place in line!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.