Deus 2 Arriving On 11 Feb…however…

ColonelDan

I’m currently in the Arctic Circle and won’t be home until 18 Feb.  😏

Fortunately, I had mine shipped, along with my hunting buddy’s, to his house so I’ll pick it up from him when I get home.  The flattening of the learning curve will then begin!  👍

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Fortunately, I had mine shipped, along with my hunting buddy’s, to his house....

Too bad you don't have it with you.  I haven't seen a video (yet) of anyone using it underwater to search for natural gold.  You could have swung by Nome on the way home.  :biggrin:

Safe trip and I look forward to your reporting of your experiences with your new detector, hopefully in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

In 64 to 65 I was in Thule Greenland for a year. You couldn’t get far off the base due to a storm could come up quickly. I know of treasure can be found being this one green rock had nickel all in it.

Just one storm lasted three days blowing at 150 and gusting to 175 . You can see you can’t last long if you can’t get out of it.

When I left there in 65 the last of the planes had left already.

Chuck 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 6:43 AM, ColonelDan said:

Fortunately, I had mine shipped, along with my hunting buddy’s, to his house so I’ll pick it up from him when I get home.  The flattening of the learning curve will then begin!  👍

I’ve spent quite a bit of time up there when we were staging out of Fairbanks and I was commanding the RC135S Cobra Ball. It’s a pretty rough place up there this time of year, be careful and get back to the FL beaches when you can. I’m in CO in the snow and think (daydream) every day about a beach, the sun, my detector, a sand scoop, and nothing but time.🏖️

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, Ridge Runner said:

In 64 to 65 I was in Thule Greenland for a year. You couldn’t get far off the base due to a storm could come up quickly. I know of treasure can be found being this one green rock had nickel all in it.

Just one storm lasted three days blowing at 150 and gusting to 175 . You can see you can’t last long if you can’t get out of it.

When I left there in 65 the last of the planes had left already.

Chuck 

I agree, Thule is a tough place. We always used to joke that if a guy screwed up, he would find himself handing out basketballs at the “base gym” at Thule. 😆

• Like 1