Doesn't a $1 USA gold coin ring up 46??   😁

On which detector?

Deus 2 56 to 64 depending on depth

Equinox similar to a US nickel 11 to 14 depending on depth

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

On which detector?

Deus 2 56 to 64 depending on depth

I was kidding around.  Early in the video, hunting with the Deus 2, he gets a strong and consistent 46 but having forgotten to put a battery in his pinpointer he has to find the target the hard way and loses track of it.

• Like 1

I had to stop watching mudwhale’s video to take a phone call and haven’t finished it. Sorry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I was kidding around.  Early in the video, hunting with the Deus 2, he gets a strong and consistent 46 but having forgotten to put a battery in his pinpointer he has to find the target the hard way and loses track of it.

What we have here in CT is a LOT of signals that give a good VDI but when you disturb the ground they disappear. My hunting buddy and I know which VDI signals will go POOF and vanish on our other machines. Usually a 58-62 on the ATMAX and a 34-37 on the Impact. Ct has some really bizarre mineralization and according to a Geologist friend who is a professor at UCONN here, "The iron content in the soil in CT is very high in certain areas particularly in the North West part of the state. This iron can come into contact with other decaying metals or minerals through electrolysis and mimic other metals with a metal detector. ".

• Like 2

I have had my Deus 11 since its release and i got it on the first batch to the UK . 

I have used it 5 times and thats out of 6 times i have been out this last month.

On the 2 land digs , I found that the Deus 11 runs much better than the Nox and many other Nox users were talking about EMI and when i used mine before changing to the Deus 11 i was getting nowhere with the Nox. As soon as i changed over i found a nice cut Half Scottish Silver Hammered coin. 

The next dig i used the Deus11 straight away and found a whole but badly worn Hammered Silver coin. People complained about EMI with their Nox's again. 

I have used the Deus 11 on the beach i go too and on 1 search i found quite a lot . Its normally a bad beach for EMI and even the Deus 11 has issues in one spot which i expected. All machines get it there. 

The day after Storm Eunice in the UK is when i found the finds with the Deus 11 . Would my other main machines have found them ? E.Trac YES , Explorer 11 ? YES , Nox 800 ? MOST but in the Nox's case thats because of poor target info .

I dont have pictures of the land finds to hand .

On the above beach hunt the beach looked awful and it took my experience to understand that the beach was in fact looking good that evening . 

In my opinion the Deus 11 is the best non Minelab multi frequency machine out there . Its got almost the best target info and the Square tones on FULL tones give you almost E.Trac level. I have used the General program mostly and a version of Beach and Beach Sens programs for the beach. 

Going by what vid's and what people have said about the Legend and the delays , i am going to postpone my Legend order for now and wait till others have used it and Nokta have done their further updates that are likely. 

As for the Deus 11 ? I am on the list for another unit. Its brilliant . I want to back up the best with the best. 

Like i back up the E.Trac with an Explorer 11 .

Is the ET better than the Deus 11 ? YES and slightly NO . Thats why i have both. 

Is the Deus 11 better than the Nox 800 ? YES . Poor build quality and very poor target info and only 3 year warranty and the fact that Minelab is a shareholder company and charge more for their machines for the capability prove it in my opinion. 

The last very good Minelab was the ET. I am a very keen Minelab user but they have been letting the side down since the Deus 1 came out in 2009 . We see what happens when you rest on your laurels ( Tesoro , Whites) . 

As for that all important thing called depth ? We are at the limits when it comes to depth with VLF machines . You might improve a little on certain targets but its all about sensitivity and target info . The Nox and Vanquish unless in clean ground are poor. Unless you like digging every little thing regardless? 

I will say it here and now , The DEUS 11 is the best machine that has been released since the ET in 2008 .

The price is high but so is the capability. 

Damn i am sticking up for the French LOL ! Mondeur ! Or should i say Mon Deus ?

7) £42.15p FOUND 18-02-22 D.11.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

EMI is not EMI - EMI is different

Owning both machines now, I can clearly say, that the deus 2 handles mobile phone EMI better. I have beaches, where my phone constantly reconnects to the network - the Nox always struggles in that situation - the deus has been absolutely silent.

BUT: On one of my main beaches, there's a lot of EMI from the light poles and a ship demagnetization station - while the Nox chatters a bit when you get near them, the deus chatters on the whole beach. Frequency scan doesn't help, mono doesn't help on some corners, either. Sens on 80 - still chatter, salt sens and silencer don't do anything. I always have the feeling I am missing something and I still have to learn, how the machine behaves in such situations. With the Nox I am able to hear the good stuff through the EMI most of the time.

• Like 1