Tesoro Cibola & Vaquero Battery Door Model

kac

• 2 weeks later...

• The title was changed to Tesoro Cibola & Vaquero Battery Door Model

That looks great.

Someone needs to create a repository of all the 3D printed metal detecting parts for easy access rather than just the big ones with a heap of stuff, a tried and true repository would be awesome.  It's a great idea to get parts that might be otherwise unavailable.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

That looks great.

Someone needs to create a repository of all the 3D printed metal detecting parts for easy access rather than just the big ones with a heap of stuff, a tried and true repository would be awesome.  It's a great idea to get parts that might be otherwise unavailable.

There are sites that do that but you need to be a member, blah blah... I don't bother with them myself.

Digital spot on the forum might be good so users can download a file and send it to one of the print services like shapeways etc. There was a guy that was making parts this way but I forgot the name and link. He would be more than welcome to print them.

I have a large format fdm coming in and plan on making cuffs, coil shells and had an idea on a coil cover design that has thumb clips so it can be removed easier for cleaning or beach/water hunting. I don't like how tight the covers fit on most machines and always nervouse on cracking a coil trying to remove them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attached is the final files for the Cibola/Vaquero battery door. Pic shows test print in white PLA that I used to check fit from my FDM printer.

.1mm layers is fine for this and recommend ABS or ASA for the material.

Zip has the cad file if someone wants to edit the original and a clean stl file in mm for the slicing software.

Thanks,

Ken

IMG_1926.JPG

Cibola Door.zip

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...