What Happened To Sea?

Turhan

can anyone help me please so i was metal detecting for 3 days straight now with Equinox 600 on 22-23 sensivity but for some odd reason no signals coming to my machine in 3 days i only managed to find some coins nothing else no trash no pull tabs no nothing something got my attention the inside of the water sand turned something like this and seawater witdrawed 
i tried to demonstrade underwater sand with paint 

deniz zemini.png

Hello, are those ripple marks in the sand you drew or how your detector sounded? Test it out on some targets you bury to see if it is working right, maybe your coil is faulty?

I posted a geology link above about ripple marks, and wonder if his coil flooded or something. He should test it with known targets. Hope it was just a settings issue!

Settings issue? I got the impression he's asking:
"Why could I find plenty of targets before, but since the tides have made this ripple pattern, there are no targets to be found?"
I've never been beach detecting, but presumably if this ripple is caused by lots of deposited sand, then many targets have simply gone out of range?
There is no scale on the drawing, these ripples could be 60 centimetres high ( 24 inches for those Imperial users )
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

Settings issue? I got the impression he's asking:
"Why could I find plenty of targets before, but since the tides have made this ripple pattern, there are no targets to be found?"
I've never been beach detecting, but presumably if this ripple is caused by lots of deposited sand, then many targets have simply gone out of range?
There is no scale on the drawing, these ripples could be 60 centimetres high ( 24 inches for those Imperial users )

I’ve also seen ripple marks with black sand between them at the beach, that may be part of it too but you are probably right, his targets are buried in it. What I meant about the settings issue about his detector was maybe it’s not working correctly due to how he’s using and setting it.

• The title was changed to What Happened To Sea?

It sounds like the heavier objects (coins) would get trapped in the lower part of the ripple, but the light objects (foil, pull tabs, small aluminum) would get pulled out farther to sea. If that's the case then I would be happy with what you are getting and I would dig everything in all metal, even if it was a bad, broken sounding signal. If I can hear any sound, I would dig it. The gold may be deeper than the coins are.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, Turhan said:
can anyone help me please so i was metal detecting for 3 days straight now with Equinox 600 on 22-23 sensivity but for some odd reason no signals coming to my machine in 3 days i only managed to find some coins nothing else no trash no pull tabs no nothing something got my attention the inside of the water sand turned something like this and seawater witdrawed 
i tried to demonstrade underwater sand with paint 

deniz zemini.png

Just be patient....

This is only the result of a strong and long wave's/wind direction towards the shore in a front position.

You might expect to be more productive on the wetsand among high and low tide marks in these days, instead being underwater on the desert...

Despite the impression of a firm seabed, usually You're in presence of almost 50cm more of sand, with weeds buried in between, with aluminium to enjoy until the death.

Let it to relax back down and soon the rocks will appear.

• Like 2

I had a similar problem a a local beach and found that some sand and black sand got between the coil and coil cover. Once I got it cleaned out the problem seemed to disappear and was more stable.

Just a wild guess and if that has happened to others let me know.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I had a similar problem a a local beach and found that some sand and black sand got between the coil and coil cover. Once I got it cleaned out the problem seemed to disappear and was more stable.

Just a wild guess and if that has happened to others let me know.

i never removed the coil cover on my machine since i got the machine which is 2021/9. month 

the thing is i dont know how to remove it and dont want to break it 😞 

• Like 1