Should I Buy An XP Mi6 Pinpointer To Go With My New Deus 2?

I should be getting my new deus II by next weekend.  I’ve been using a Whites TRX for the past four years and I really like it. The thing I don’t like is that it’s not very loud and I have to pull one side of my headphones off to hear it.  The MI6 connects wirelessly to the deus II so I’ll be able to hear it through the headphones which would be really nice (at least I think so).  How does the MI6 stack up to the TRX in performance though?  The only other pinpointer I have is a deteknix (Quest) Xpointer which works well, but isn’t quite as deep as the TRX and not nearly as sensitive to small items as the TRX.  So with my limited experience with pinpointers should I spend the money on the MI6?

• Like 1

To me, it depends on a couple factors. One is how happy you are with the TRX, and the other is how much disposable income you have for another pinpointer. I plan to buy a Deus 2. I have 2 TRXs, 1 Tek-Point, 1 PulseDive, and even a GP Pointer, but when I pull the trigger on the Deus 2 I’m also going to invest in a Mi6 because I want the integration. By itself the Mi6 doesn’t seem to have as much range as the TRX. Only when it’s integrated with the extra sensitivity provided by the Deus, but I’ve also heard users say the extra sensitivity is unusable under most circumstances as it causes falsing and overload. 

• Like 1

From my extensive Youtube research between the TRX and Mi-6 or Mi-4, it appears that the Mi-4/6 pinpointers are the only ones that have a closing range or ratecheting ability that rivals the TRX. As for sensitivity to small items, I can't comment on either except to say the TRX does very well on coins (no surprise there, though).

• Like 1

The advantage of MI6 over MI4 is that if MI6 is connected to the RC DEUS / ORX panel, you can set a higher sensitivity50vs sensitivity 30/standart/ on it compared to MI4, which does not have this option.

MI6 and RC Xp ORX

1283624726_IMG_20201218_122904(1).thumb.jpg.4c2f8de15c9df6aad4af28d4bc4272aa.jpg

• Like 2

El Nino77 is correct. Lots more features and adjustments when using the Mi-6 paired to a Deus 1, Deus 2 and the ORX.

As a standalone the Mi-4 and Mi-6 are comparable to the Garrett AT Pro Pointers and the Fisher/Teknetics F-Pulse and Tek-Point. I have never used a TRX so I don't have a clue.

The only drawback (some might consider this a good thing) is just like every mode change on the ORX, Deus 1 and it appears Deus 2, there is a roughly 2 second (sometimes more) delay when turning on the pinpointer and waiting for Deus or ORX to complete audio change over from detect to pinpointer mode. The same happens when the pinpointer is turned off. There is a 2 second or so delay until the detector goes back into detection mode. Where this is not so great is if you are trying to locate a target in the hole or spoil pile with the Mi-6, you can't find it and you decide to switch back into detect mode to relocate the target with the coil. There is some wasted time like I described before. So basically, you can't detect with the Mi-6 paired to the Deus or ORX and with the coil being used at the same time since they share the same singe audio output......hope that makes sense.

For competition hunting, I would not recommend it or at least unpair it for competitions or if you don't have any time to waste. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Should I Buy An XP Mi6 Pinpointer To Go With My New Deus 2?

I had the MI-6 when it first came out which I ended up selling. Recently got another one included when I purchased my Deus 2.  I paired it up and played with it for about 10 minutes last night, then remembered why I sold my first one. The main issue I had with it was that the on/off button isn't as easy to find unless you stop and actually look for it. With the Carrot, you can quickly feel to find the large flat button, no problem. Anyway, I'll probably be listing a basically brand new one for sale soon if you're interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have and extensively used both the TRX and ProFind 35.  When I ordered the Deus 2, I also got the MI-6.  Why?  The link to my headphones.  I can hear the signal much better/clearer while detecting on the beach around all that ambient noise from both the waves and the depositors.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used the MI-6 since I bought my original Deus back in 2013 (has it been that long?) and it has worked flawlessly except when paired with my Deus 1. One charge gets 90+ hours of run time, and it has been virtually indestructible. I've owned and used the garrett's, the F-Pulse and the minelab pro-find. I have the MI-4 as a backup now as well. My hope is that the Deus 2 will work with the MI-6 this time. If not it's not the end of the world because I love the XP pinpointers and wouldn't use another. I'd get two because two is one and one is none or so my grandpa used to say. 

• Thanks 1