Nox Reading Wet Beach

If the Nox is not well ground-balanced on ferromagnetic ground, it falses (due to ground) in low negative VIDs, I understand?  What VIDs are likely if the ground blance is off on the wet salt beach (or surf)?

56 minutes ago, mcjtom said:

If the Nox is not well ground-balanced on ferromagnetic ground, it falses (due to ground) in low negative VIDs, I understand?  What VIDs are likely if the ground blance is off on the wet salt beach (or surf)?

Do not trust ANY VDI's at depth on a salt beach with the Equinox. 

• Like 2

Yes, cheers! But I'm just wondering what the wet salt beach itself (with no black sand and without any targets), would show as falsing on the Nox (as opposed to magnetite mineralised ground).  Would it be in low positive VIDs or still in low negative ones?

15 minutes ago, mcjtom said:

Yes, cheers! But I'm just wondering what the wet salt beach itself (with no black sand and without any targets), would show as falsing on the Nox

You can run the sensitivity up and make almost all conditions false. 

Two things to remember: A stationary coil above the ground that is falsing is EMI.  A coil that is moving and getting falsing is seeing minerals. 

The falsing shows as small ticks in the audio. Usually gives no VDI number unless really bad. If the machine does give VDI's off black sand they should be negative.  Quality headphones will help understand that machine language better.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

During a Nox test years ago, I've been on a rare place where wet sand was almost gone at all and a reddish clay under the coil was balancing at 8 in manual.

So You can expect no numbers at all and barely alternating noise.As Midalake said, to not confuse with emi.