Interesting Beach Test, D2 Failing On A Broken Gold Ring

Sandheron

I'm thinking he has the salt sensitivity too high.  The manual even says "When using higher levels of SALT SENS, low conductive targets that register around TID 30 may also be slightly attenuated."

• Like 2

Your disc is to high. Try 6.5-7. Also try 0 disc on those rings to see what they hit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Your disc is to high. Try 6.5-7. Also try 0 disc on those rings to see what they hit.

It's not my video Rick, Is that the type of range a broken ring would come in at? I'm not used to deus TID's.

Ok, sorry about that. Small gold will hit like small foil. On the Deus & Orx disc at 7 takes out nails. I don't know if raising the disc to 10 will make a difference on the jewelry.

• Like 1

As for my experience on the Ctx, broken stuff can appear on the screen with a slightly higher ferrous ID.The use of an high discrimination can be a problem in that case.

Still doesn't justify the poor detection depth🥲

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sandheron said:

We will have to see if it is a hardware fault I guess.It's certainly not making my decision to buy one any easier. 

I'm scared even more, cause I still wait for mine and now I can't wait to check.

By the way I tested an 11" unit and worked extremely well in my 4 hours with it...I loved it even if I'm not a wetsand guy.

8 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm scared even more, cause I still wait for mine and now I can't wait to check.

By the way I tested an 11" unit and worked extremely well in my 4 hours with it...I loved it even if I'm not a wetsand guy.

I'm still on a waiting list for a 9". Coming from a nox, the tones of the deus fascinate me, I will probably get one anyway and find out for myself what it's capable of on my beach.

• Like 1