Deus 2, Disappointed By What I Saw

2 hours ago, Sandheron said:

Can anybody explain this issue here?

I ran my buddies D2 while he used his Nox 800 yesterday at the beach. It's really not close. The 800 is a better beach detector by far. My D2 is coming in Tuesday. I paid 1300 dollars. I'm not even going to remove it from the box. I'm going to sell it. Very disappointed after having such high hopes. 

Xp will need to do something with how the vdi screen is constantly changing when swinging over a target. It's a major annoyance. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Oh my! 1

4 hours ago, diggindaboot said:

I ran my buddies D2 while he used his Nox 800 yesterday at the beach. It's really not close. The 800 is a better beach detector by far. My D2 is coming in Tuesday. I paid 1300 dollars. I'm not even going to remove it from the box. I'm going to sell it. Very disappointed after having such high hopes. 

Xp will need to do something with how the vdi screen is constantly changing when swinging over a target. It's a major annoyance. 

So what are you asking for it?

13 hours ago, diggindaboot said:

That is a tough decision. If you send it back unopened the dealer may turn right around a charge a restocking fee......

Anyway, the video linked above is another example of what learning a new detector is like (similar to Gigmaster's videos) and of someone having either: a lot of audacity/guts/lack of self-awareness , could care less what one thinks of them while they learn, or an example of someone that welcomes any help they can get during the process. 

I have a test garden that can quickly tell me if a detector will work in my area. That is the first place I will test Deus 2 and I will know if it is an improvement over Deus 1/ORX and can get the job done on the soil around here in about 5 minutes. 

Saltwater beach hunting is a hole different story with Deus 2......brand new programs and settings and no body is an expert yet. I would need several hours on several different location before I could make a definitive decision.

Savannah Harps hunts a couple of hundred miles south of Calabash. There isn't much black iron sand on his beaches either. There is some gray mud and sedimentary rocks from marsh lands that discolors the sand.

• Like 5

I think if I paid for a machine from a reputable manufacturer like Deus, I would at least try it out. Don't rely on people saying good or bad things about a machine, just listen to them and then try it for yourself. If I wanted to showcase any one of my machines in a good or bad light, I could do that and some people would end up letting me make up their mind. I could make my 5000 out to be a coin monster at depth, (which it is) and people would love it, or I could show it screeching and pulsating due to EMI, (which it can do) and people would hate it. I guess the Deus II is going to be just like any other release. Some people in love with it and some great used deals to be had 😄

• Like 7

Hey diggindaboot.

I feel your pain but you need to relax  Everyone who has responded to your post says the same thing which is basically it takes time to learn a new machine.  We have all had the "I want to wrap this damn thing around a tree" moment with a new machine.  Gosh it has happened to me on every Minelab model since the Sovereign.  I recall how tough it was to figure out the flutey sounds of he Explorer.  Then the Etrac came along and the VDI changed.  I could go on with similar experiences with Whites, Fishers, Garretts, you name the manufacturer.  No high end machine will find you anything but frustration when you first try it out.

So my advice is to just take a breath and wait for your cool new machine to arrive & then give it a go.  I've been detecting since 1972 and I can tell you this is just how it goes with new gear.

Good luck and good finds to you!

Bill

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

... We have all had the "I want to wrap this damn thing around a tree" moment with a new machine. 

Yes I confirm I had this moment during my first hours with the ML Explorer XS at the beginning of the 2000s ... But my opinion suddenly changed when I found my first hammered medieval coins with it ... 🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

That is a tough decision. If you send it back unopened the dealer may turn right around a charge a restocking fee......

Anyway, the video linked above is another example of what learning a new detector is like (similar to Gigmaster's videos) and of someone having either: a lot of audacity/guts/lack of self-awareness , could care less what one thinks of them while they learn, or an example of someone that welcomes any help they can get the process. 

I have a test garden that can quickly tell me if a detector will work in my area. That is the first place I will test Deus 2 and I will know if it is an improvement over Deus 1/ORX and can get the job done on the soil around here in about 5 minutes. 

Saltwater beach hunting is a hole different story with Deus 2......brand new programs and settings and no body is an expert yet. I would need several hours on several different location before I could make a definitive decision.

Savannah Harps hunts a couple of hundred miles south of Calabash. There isn't much black iron sand on his beaches either. There is some gray mud and sedimentary rocks from marsh lands that discolors the sand.

I spent a good portion of the day with it. Tide was way out and we both used our Nox's for a while early in the morning. Started the testing and comparing. What CD got in his videos wasn't close to happening in real life for us. 

The screen jumping around is truly annoying. They need to address that in an expedient manner.