Deus 2, Disappointed By What I Saw

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I think if I paid for a machine from a reputable manufacturer like Deus, I would at least try it out. Don't rely on people saying good or bad things about a machine, just listen to them and then try it for yourself. If I wanted to showcase any one of my machines in a good or bad light, I could do that and some people would end up letting me make up their mind. I could make my 5000 out to be a coin monster at depth, (which it is) and people would love it, or I could show it screeching and pulsating due to EMI, (which it can do) and people would hate it. I guess the Deus II is going to be just like any other release. Some people in love with it and some great used deals to be had 😄

I did try it out. Used different settings trying to dial it in. Wasn't happening.

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Hey diggindaboot.

I feel your pain but you need to relax  Everyone who has responded to your post says the same thing which is basically it takes time to learn a new machine.  We have all had the "I want to wrap this damn thing around a tree" moment with a new machine.  Gosh it has happened to me on every Minelab model since the Sovereign.  I recall how tough it was to figure out the flutey sounds of he Explorer.  Then the Etrac came along and the VDI changed.  I could go on with similar experiences with Whites, Fishers, Garretts, you name the manufacturer.  No high end machine will find you anything but frustration when you first try it out.

So my advice is to just take a breath and wait for your cool new machine to arrive & then give it a go.  I've been detecting since 1972 and I can tell you this is just how it goes with new gear.

Good luck and good finds to you!

Bill

The Nox has given me many good finds on the beach. I was hoping the D2 would truly be an advancement in technology. It's their first crack at SMF and maybe I should have waited.

Good luck to you as well.

It's not just a ring. It's a broken golden ring. I have a broken golden ring that sounds fishy while opened...  but when i put it together,  it sounds just great. You should record a video using the same ring and both detectors. 

7 minutes ago, diggindaboot said:

I did try it out. Used different settings trying to dial it in. Wasn't happening.

I guess it's not a good fit for you then. Hope you don't lose too much on selling it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhostLands said:

It's not just a ring. It's a broken golden ring. I have a broken golden ring that sounds fishy while opened...  but when i put it together,  it sounds just great. You should record a video using the same ring and both detectors. 

That ring, in the video, was originally found with a Nox at the beach..

Ok. I just recorded a video about this... I'm uploading.  

12 minutes ago, Gwcracker said:

That ring, in the video, was originally found with a Nox at the beach..

I didn't say you didn't... it stills detectable. You had a 30 something ID on the Dēus right? 

34 ID on the Deus II.  That equals to a 1 - 2 (might jump into 3) on the Nox. 😉

Now imagine a 27... 

The earing although it's closed, it's not the same as being soldered..