Deus 2, Disappointed By What I Saw

11 hours ago, burlguy said:

Do you think the issue you saw was because you nulled out the VDI range that the ring hits on? I am interested in buying it if you live in the States, I'm here on the Northern California coast.

I didn't null out the jewelry vdi range.  I have been watching videos and reading the manual for as long as they've been out. Since I mostly beach hunt I was very careful not to null out those signals.

In fairness I've never had a Deus 1. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, diggindaboot said:

I didn't null out the jewelry vdi range.  I have been watching videos and reading the manual for as long as they've been out. Since I mostly beach hunt I was very careful not to null out those signals.

In fairness I've never had a Deus 1. 

What does your buddy think about the Deus 2, is he returning it also?

My first couple runs with the Nox were disappointing.  It's now my second favorite detector...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

What does your buddy think about the Deus 2, is he returning it also?

My first couple runs with the Nox were disappointing.  It's now my second favorite detector...

He sold his last night. Who knows, maybe I will regret selling mine though I haven't sold it yet. I did remover the paper from the box so I could see the box. LOL. However, I didn't open the box.

You'll have no trouble selling it for zero loss even if you break the seal.  It's not a detector you can get the feel of after one run even pouring through the manual and watching you tube, especially if you're used to the Nox and haven't used a Deus before.  Take this from soneone who teaches Deus bootcamp classes with Andy Sabisch.  But if it just doesn't feel right, you can sell and nothing says you can't get another one down the road for the same price or even lower if folks who don't click with it sell theirs at a discount.  Plus it gives you spare cash to give the Legend a spin. You're really in a no lose situation. 

• Like 4

Chase is correct. You won't have any trouble selling it should you decide to let it go.  Some of the characteristics I've seen with the Deus II don't sit well with me, either.  I kinda had the same feeling a year ago when I bought the Garrett Apex.  Saw bad reviews, and initially had a few bumps in the road with it.

FF to now, and the bumps resolved,  I have learned to use the machine and enjoy it. Sure, It's not a 'Nox, or a Deus, but it does reasonably well for what I paid for it, where and how I hunt.  I've purchased a couple of different size coils for it for various sites, and have found a lot with it.  So initial impression of the new machine is a lot of the experience of satisfaction, but spending time with it is the other part of the feeling of satisfaction with the machine.

Chase is correct as well in that with the Legend and possibly other detectors being released soon, you're in a no lose situation. I suspect that if you decide you don't want the machine, your dealer will probably accept an unopened unit as a return, and send it out to another pre-order. Good Luck with whatever you decide, diggindaboot.

• Like 1