How Do You Store Your Carrots?

The design looks good, and it clearly works. Simple but effective.  I think I'd have gone for some loops in a material strip at say 45degrees, and hung from a coat hanger - or some such - but that's just me.

I am worried about those PP3 battery terminals though. Flat enough to have something fall across, they go from cold to hot very quickly. I once had one melt through my fleece coat pocket when it shorted across a stray coin. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Maybe I should put the batteries in upside down 🙂 They're sunken down below the surface height of the wood around them.   I could make a little lid with a hinge to hide the batteries, I might do that later today.

Your idea sounds good too, but I'd have less luck being able to do sewing than nailing some wood together!

That's brilliant, Simon, well done!

And in a pinch that could also hold someone's adult toys... I mean... if they had such a thing... 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I store my 9V batteries in a Storacell holder: https://www.amazon.com/Storacell-Powerpax-SlimLine-Battery-Batteries/dp/B004YG7MKM/ref=sr_1_13?crid=ND6SAORBV8LW&keywords=9v+battery+holder&qid=1644891177&sprefix=9v+battery+holder%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-13

No worries about short circuits (especially when you insert the 9V batteries upside down, unlike in that pic).

Phrunt, you store (for long periods) your pinpointers WITHOUT batteries in them, right?

• Like 1

Thanks for an incredible idea!  I think maybe I'll make one and anchor it into the wall next to my metal detector rack.  Awesome!

I leave mine in the pouch holster. Now if you buy a Deus or can borrow one, can you pair it up and use the lost pointer finder they have to locate it?

I made a shelf like yours and put some small screws on the top left side to hold the 9 volt batteries. It only takes 1 screw so the battery is upside down and connected to the screw so it won't fall off.

7 hours ago, kac said:

I leave mine in the pouch holster. Now if you buy a Deus or can borrow one, can you pair it up and use the lost pointer finder they have to locate it?

I think only the MI-6 does that funky stuff... Mine was the budget model 🙂

• Like 1