How Do You Store Your Carrots?

Retired Spares are in a plastic tote that contains 'retired' accessories. 

I have my current Garrett Pro Pointer AT and my XP MI6 in my detecting bag.  The carrot has duty with my EQ800, the MI6 was linked to my Deus (sold) and will be linked to my Deus 2 once I have it in hand.   Waiting . . . . 

Both PP stay in the detector carry bag so i have an emergency spare if one or the other should have a bad day. 

I like the rack you devised.  Looks good. I have a shoe box of sorts used for storing batteries. Helps me with using older batteries first in various battery powered items around the house / auto.  I keep a spare 9v battery for the carrot in my carry bag. It has some tape across the terminals to prevent shorting. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well my XP MI-4 never turned up so I gave in and bought another one, it arrived today so I took it for a test drive to ensure it works well, it does.

While not as sensitive as my TRX I prefer it, the TRX is super sensitive if run in highest sensitivity but realistically I can't run it in the highest sensitivity as it's too unstable, this means the XP ends up more sensitive than the TRX.   The TRX will pick up a #9 lead pellet, the XP will pickup a #6 lead pellet but not the #9.  Oh well, maybe one day a company will make a new sensitive pinpointer, until then my favourites are my Garrett AT and the MI-4 with the F-pulse being my beach pinpointer, I haven't really found a use for the Minelab Pro-Find 35 but at least I've tried one to know I don't like it.

631786125_PinPointers.thumb.jpg.532e15318f2804319484202929385305.jpg

My little holder is now full again, I have another TRX but its faulty so it doesn't get to rest in the company of the other pin pointers, I'm not even sure where it is.

So in my holder is two Garrett AT's, a black Garrett Pro Pointer (useless compared to the AT), Whites TRX, XP Mi-4, Minelab Pro-Find 35, and the F-Pulse.  I settled on the MI-4 and not the MI-6 as my replacement as I now have no intentions of getting a Deus 2.

If a new pinpointer comes out that I ever want I'll kick the worst ones off the stand first, and the first to go will be the black Garrett Pro Pointer, I'll probably never use it again already then after that it's the Pro-Find 35 or TRX that will get the boot to a box of crap in the garage.

• Like 1