How Do You Store Your Carrots?

I’m surprised the F pulse is not your favorite. My Tek Point is my favorite and they are basically the same I think. I’m thinking a Carl Moreland project maybe. Anyway nice wood working project and if you buy a new carrot, the old one is sure to turn up 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Carolina said:

I’m surprised the F pulse is not your favorite. My Tek Point is my favorite and they are basically the same I think. I’m thinking a Carl Moreland project maybe. Anyway nice wood working project and if you buy a new carrot, the old one is sure to turn up 🤣.

It's impossible to like the F-pulse when small target (gold nugget) sensitivity is what I want in a pinpointer, even my original black Garrett Carrot is more sensitive to small gold than the F-Pulse.  If I was a beach hunter more often I'd love the F-pulse, great in that scenario.  Even in a park scenario here the Garrett Carrot AT is just as deep in my mild soils as the F-pulse, and just easier to use and more stable with the detectors running near it.

Like detectors Carrots are required to suit the task at hand, no Carrot seems to do it all unfortunately, The F-Pulse great in bad soil or salt beaches, the other pinpointers like the TRX and Carrot AT are best for small target recovery.

I care so much about small target recovery with a pin pointer as gold is often found in bedrock here, sometimes there isn't even evidence of a crack as the rock has healed over so it's inside the schist and smashing away at schist especially on a cliff side is a tedious task, knowing the location of the target in the bedrock makes the process a lot easier than wildly smashing away at it hoping not to lose the target in the process.

• Like 2

That pointer rack looks pretty good ! 

But because you told us you can't do woodwork . I'm a bit suspicious. 

It matches all the woodwork I have done in my rig . So...

I'll have to confiscate it as possible evidence of a theft of my build items................ 

However , if you send it back , I'll  drop all charges !🤪

The 9v battery shorting issue is an easy one to cure !

Just hold the terminals to your tongue till the tingling stops and they should be good to go !

• Haha 5

It really does look like some of the stuff I'm doing . Wiring ports etc.

I may have to copy your idea if I ever figure out where I'm gonna hang the detector.            hmmmm , maybe one that the detector, pinpointer , headphones and charge stuff all fit on ????

Keeping things together and easy to find gets more important every year !

(If ya know what I mean and it looks like ya do 🙄)

I can't help with finding your "carrett" but I know a horse that probably could !

53 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Have you located your missing pin pointer yet?

Hope that it shows up soon for you.

No, I think I left it somewhere, I can't find it, I didn't use it much anyway and if I ever bought an XP Deus 2 I'd want to upgrade it to the Mi-6 so they can talk to each other so it's not the end of the world I guess.   My fault, I wasn't overly organised, I spend half my life searching for things I've lost 🙂  The amount of times I've lost my gold jar while prospecting even with nuggets in it is embarrassing.  I even lost it on my best ever day prospecting, fortunately I had JW with me and we went back with a torch and combined effort we were able to find it.

• Like 2

Oh my, that’s a bunch of carrots Simon! I was going to say I keep mine on one of those retractable keychain holders clipped to my collecting pouch, That way I use it and just drop it and it retracts by itself back up to the pouch, but it looks like you came up with a good solution for when you pull a bunch of  them out of the garden!

• Haha 1