Lost Basin Gold

4 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I got one more today 10-15 minutes into detecting, 8 ft from the last one. I used an entire spool of surveyors twine to box off a grid and it was on the second swing row in line with the last on the top edge of the ridge of the wash.IMG_20220215_104228957.jpg

What is the purpose of the red? rope/string at the top of the photo. Today I have run out of LIKES so I will sneak a couple in when Steve is not looking 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geof_junk said:

What is the purpose of the red? rope/string at the top of the photo. Today I have run out of LIKES so I will sneak a couple in when Steve is not looking 😁

I believe he was using that to grid with.

• Like 2

I use it to grid with. After I am done detecting the size box I have laid out and I am confident I have left no more pieces of gold, I will then walk to each corner and log a pin into my OnXHunt app. OnX will show you moving with a blue dot. When I am at each corner and apply the four pins, I will then connect each corner with a distance line and save it under section searched. This way I never go back over any ground I already hunted. 

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Changed spots from Gold Basin to Lost Basin and results are better. Three pieces in a day and a half. The Six was screaming on this specimen at a foot deep. I honestly thought it was going to be trash. I was heading back to camp at the end of the day before sundown and started to swing haphazardly and bam - It lit the six up. It was on caliche and when I realized it was a nugget, I just sat down on the ground, turned the six off and sat there laughing for 15 minutes. I don't have any doubts the six will go deep. I didn't get to do some testing with it with lower sensitivity at all as I figured it was trash and really had no idea it was as deep as it was. I will be gridding the area and any other signals will be tested well before I dig. It weighed 2.54 g

Congrats, Reese. Nice find! Looking forward to meet up again. Will check out Lost Basin 😉

GC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

This way I never go back over any ground I already hunted.

I go back over my same ground when I'm finding color.

mn90403, I do too. But keep in mind. This gold here is not really replenishable like in some other areas and it is dispursed haphazardly. The caliche is a foot down and in some areas, slightly less or more. I now know the 6 has no problem reaching it on sensitivity of 1 and I will go back over it one more time when the wind is not blowing loudly to listen for faint signals but all gold I got here is very audiable, even the tiny one I got here. There comes a point in areas here sooner than other places that the gold just stops coming. This is just my assessment. I am looking forward to running the 5000 with the 25" on deeper ground to caliche, here. That coil does suck to swing.

• Like 1

Good finds Goldseaker5000, I have not been able to use my 17'' yet, can't wait for good weather. 

• Like 1