I've Decided To Get The Legend

On 2/14/2022 at 6:20 PM, Rick N. MI said:

I'm not a fan of the 11" coil either. I would like to see an 8" or 9" round coil and a range of elliptical coils for the Legend.

I hope they do a stock 11 dd and make a concentric coil for it as a package. Big dd's are fine for open fields and beaches but a concentric will do much better in iron infested areas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dave_e said:

I really hope Steve Herschbach, Keith Southern, and Tom Dankowski evaluate the Legend and share their thoughts.

I can confirm that at least one of the three named IS testing the Legend (that's why it was delayed, but it's a win for consumers).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike_Hillis said:

I'm not really an early adopter anyway.

I don't know about that Mike, the C$ comes to mind 😉

19 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I can confirm that at least one of the three named IS testing the Legend (that's why it was delayed, but it's a win for consumers).

If I undestood what Dilek was saying (I don't mean understand her Engish, which is just fine), there were four testers who gave very useful feedback that led to the changes.  I think she mentioned them getting the first new units out the door (even before the Nomads?), probably to confirm the changes took care of the issues they had.

Are you getting one soon, C_C, or is that one of those things that if you tell us you'll then have to kill us?  :biggrin:

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

If I undestood what Dilek was saying (I don't mean understand her Engish, which is just fine), there were four testers who gave very useful feedback that led to the changes.  I think she mentioned them getting the first new units out the door (even before the Nomads?), probably to confirm the changes took care of the issues they had.

Are you getting one soon, C_C, or is that one of those things that if you tell us you'll then have to kill us?  :biggrin:

Hard to say, they've been a bit lackluster in communicating with us.   I only had my test unit for just a few days, spent an entire day testing it at home to get a feel for it, and another day testing it at various San Francisco parks I know to learn the basics and had made plans for a detecting road trip with my hunt partner to a variety of sites to test it the very next weekend.  As we were driving to our first site (a good five hour drive) I got the email to return the unit to facilitate whatever it was that needed upgrading.  I did plenty of testing that weekend as well, but in light of the turn of events, didn't submit my report as I felt it would likely be unfair given the rework.  There were testers that had their units months before I had mine, they may be the ones getting a replacement, not sure where I stand to be honest.   I know they're super busy working on the launch, so I haven't pestered them although I did get excited for a moment when I saw a DHL truck lingering around, but it didn't stop here.

• Like 4

Maybe a some point you will be able to comment on the old verses the new upgraded Legend.

• Like 1