A Carbon Shaft As Soon As I Can....

Skull diver

Wish I had seen this video before my first dive with the D2 this past weekend, because this is  exactly  what happened to me . I didn’t realize what was causing the continues falsing.  I tried a few different settings and even had the sensitivity down to 70, but nothing helped . After about 10 minutes I was so frustrated I got out the water and walked all the way back to my car in my full dive kit  to get my Excal. Got back in the water with the Excal and all was good, but didn’t stay in the water for  long as I was  still really frustrated with the D2. Once I was out the water  a second time , I worked out what was causing the falsing and extended the lower shaft another 2 inches  and got back in the water a third time. This time the D2 seemed to be fairly stable in the Dive program with lowering the sensitivity down to 90. This was in salt water.

The Bone conduction headphones worked well but they come with a really long straight cable that I had to wrap up  and secure just below the arm cuff.  A coiled headphone cable would have been a better option.     

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lance said:

fairly stable in the Dive program

I'm waiting to push it to the extreme trying to use beach sens Instead...

Even if the salt sensitivity filter will be a forced option, I want an higher frequency at work downthere.

Signals are scarce now in my area cause of a lot of competition around.

I'm lucky to find some gold only cause I always check for seabed conditions, otherwise there's always some stranger at work in the weekend.

Using the Ctx with no filters at all and detuning it, I'm obtaining some success...Which is exactly where the D2 machine needs to be worked on.

The less falsing I'll have when on the seabed with high sensitivity and with 40kHz, the better..We'll see.

As for now, there's no trace of a shipment tracking.

March can be the true arrival time for my 9" baby.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm waiting to push it to the extreme trying to use beach sens Instead...

I did try Beach Sense for short while, but was noisy. I will experiment with that once i have a few more dive hours with the D2

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:36 PM, Scanman said:

Seems like there might be a market for Steve to manufacture CF shafts for the D2?

I think So...

Also, there's that "little" floating problem on the remote which flies away from the shaft clip...I hope someone can think about some sort of lever to avoid this thing.

Can You imagine what can happen if suddenly the headphones on the head and the antenna's cable  disconnect at the same time?

• Like 2

XP are producing a specific dive shaft with no metal that is all plastic. I assume that shaft will be part of the Deus 2 Lite shaft that is already all plastic but without the upper aluminum shaft. Hopefully there will also be no steel pins in the cam locks or they will be far enough away from the coil to prevent falsing. The coil antenna wire will run inside the shaft and come out behind the RC.

So will this eventually come as a Deus 2 Full diving package with the diving shaft and bone conductive headphones. What will that cost? Or will bone conductive headphones and the special telescopic diving shaft be an accessory? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, midalake said:

I am appalled a $1,500 hundred dollar detector doers not have a rod with enough spine for water hunting. 

I agree.  I’m guessing carbon fiber would be stiffer but not much, if any heavier. The weight wouldn’t be much of an issue in water though.  

• Like 1