New Season Coming

Well, we are slowly grinding toward Spring where an old man’s fancy turns to metal detecting. This season sees me newly outfitted with the 12” coil and Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones. So looking forward.

So this year thought to do some water hunting again to see if the Tarsacci will find anything behind the heavy water competition here. Perhaps there will be some unmasking in the water too as I have found on the land sites. Will be fun and cool on hot days if nothing else.

I have been reluctant to go into the water with the Tarsacci because of it’s relatively poor water rating, but see many hunting water a lot and wondered if any of you are having any issue with it in the water or take any special precautions. It has that time at depth rating thing which makes little sense to me, are water hunters limiting time in the water to prevent leakage?

This is a mindset left over from the CTX I had. It never actually leaked but I never entirely trusted it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or the 12” coil or anything Tarsacci for Spring? We are still driving on the ice here but the sun is climbing.

I can not wait for the warm salt water and summer beach hunting.  I have never heard of a Tarsacci having an issue with water intrusion.  My only advice is to buy a quality sand scoop especially for in the water.  There are some really excellent water hunters on this forum who are willing to share advice with you.  Good luck Geezer with your new water adventure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Stalker said:

have never heard of a Tarsacci having an issue with water intrusion.  My only advice is to buy a quality sand scoop especially for in the wate

I have not either, but it is not getting a great depth rating, so was concerned. Other water machines I had were rated much deeper and leaked anyway. I used to send Excaliburs in to be dewatered at least once a year. 

I have several sand scoops and misc equip. I sold my scuba gear but kept everything else. WIth the headphones, I should have everything to hunt water with this.

This is mostly a cabin fever thread maybe. I though perhaps someone might want to talk Tarsacci. It is very quiet on this forum.

Yes it is a bit quiet. I think most Tarsacci users are waiting on warmer weather also.

I have been working in my new high mineral test bed the last few weeks as time allows. Primarily with the Tarsacci, Vista X and Anfibio Multi. It has been interesting & enlightening so far. Once I feel I have a good set of observations I will post about it & add to the Cookbook thread also.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JCR said:

I have been working in my new high mineral test bed the last few weeks as time allows.

That sounds interesting, That is something to look forward to!

Despite the rather ambiguous water concerns I am planning some water hunting when it warms (-2F at the moment). Also more land hunting those sport fields I have come to enjoy, but even that needs a little more heat than this.

I left the water when my health turned bad a few years ago, but things have turned around and I am now stronger than ever. That means more detecting and less concern for where and how long.

• Like 1

Never be afraid Geezer.      I've hunted mine two seasons in salt water, wet sand with heavy waves.   Waist to chest deep.    I figure if I go past 10 feet, I'm a goner anyway.    Hey, if it gets a leak, I'll get it fixed. It's too good a tool to ride the bench.     

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 7:07 AM, Dancer said:

Never be afraid Geezer.      I've hunted mine two seasons in salt water, wet sand with heavy waves.   Waist to chest deep.    I figure if I go past 10 feet, I'm a goner anyway.    Hey, if it gets a leak, I'll get it fixed. It's too good a tool to ride the bench.     

Thanks Dancer,

It sounds like it is as tough as it needs to be. Chest deep is enough for me too.