Another Indian For The Book

Went to an old house site this morning only one coin but it was a keeper 1868 Indian. I have a hole in the book that it’ll fill nicely. Token of some kind pocket knife and a few other relics. Thanks for looking.

65E48600-6D6F-4D04-85BE-AF8D9FCF52DB.jpeg

E5E9442E-EE70-4373-902C-B2C047C0ECB7.jpeg

BF2F4B55-5DF1-425C-8768-29278BCD4869.jpeg

894CDBFF-F65A-4D2A-9173-CB79CF7EE0E1.jpeg

• Like 9

Great Indian, and congratulations on the Galena, Ks, mine token!  That area was alive and well with lead and ore mines during the early 1900's.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason-NEK said:

Great Indian, and congratulations on the Galena, Ks, mine token!  That area was alive and well with lead and ore mines during the early 1900's.  

Galena is about twenty miles west of here. The field we were looking in had a house there on an 1876 map. The owner said it was moved in the fifties. I’ve been getting permissions from the land owner’s of houses on the old map that are gone. Sometimes it takes a little while to find where the house was. Those old maps aren’t the most accurate. lol The first spot today we didn’t locate the home site but this one the landowner knew where the house  was located. 

• Like 2

Excellent research pays off.  Only 10,000,000 1868 IHP's (rather low for small cents), and likely few were kept as collectibles in that post-war recession period, so scarcer than several other later ones with similar mintage.  Nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one! 🙂 I love IHPs, gotta get poison ivy some times to get em. 😀 Great token and relics. 👍

• Thanks 1

Nice Indian. I see a fair number of 1865's and 1869's, but not very many 1868's. Nice semi key date coin!

• Thanks 1

Don't forget to list your token on the World Of Tokens page.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jason-NEK said:

Don't forget to list your token on the World Of Tokens page.  

I’ve never done that before. I guess it’s pretty self explanatory. Thanks for the advice. I’ll see if I can do that. 

• Like 1

All very nice finds.

• Thanks 1

Great finds and great research to find the right locations to look.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1