Simplex For Florida Beaches? - Need Info!

I have a former neighbor from my childhood ask my advice on a detector.  He lives in Daytona Beach.  He decided on the Simplex but as hard as I tried, didn't want to spend the extra money for the package with wireless headphones which my distributor has in stock and can dropship.  They're out of the model without HPs until the next container comes in.

He's only about an hour from Kellyco so I had him contact them.  They told him he needed a dedicated beach and surf machine.  The biggest problem with most multi-purpose detectors is they cancel out the salt but if there's heavy black sand deposits like after a storm, a single frequency VLF won't work without lowering the sensitivity and raising the coil.  Even that's not guaranteed.  I used to live in Southern California and under those conditions, you need a Multi-frequency or PI unit otherwise, you ain't hunting!

It's always been my understanding that Florida beaches don't have the mineralization that we do on the West coast.  Why wouldn't he be able to use the Simplex there?

TIA!

Walt

i am no beach hunter and no expert with the simplex plus other then I purchased one for my grandson, i have used it a little bit it does have a beach mode which i have not used, what I have seen out of the simplex plus in Arizona though the simplex plus amazes me each time my grandson detects with me, for a $256 detector it detects way above its price point, the ground we have hunted ground balance numbers I have seen on areas we detect runs in the low 80s to high of 94 the simplex ran fairly smooth for the ground we detected, the closest thing to a beach we detected is a tot lot sandbox which had a vary low ground balance number but the sand was totally dry and the depth I personally watched my grandson dig clad coins really surprised, i do not think they have ever been detected it kind of surprised me because they were deeper then the pulse dive pin pointer which is 2-3 inches longer then the original Garrett pro pointer that I purchased in 2010 quite honestly I would not be afraid to take the simplex plus onto a beach in Florida 

The detecting my grandson has done and the little bit I have done with the simplex plus was with the 9.5 x 5 inch coil but I do not know if i was detecting a beach in Florida that I would use that small coil i would prefer the 11  inch personally but that little 9.5 x 5 is a deadly little coil  

• The title was changed to Simplex For Florida Beaches? - Need Info!