My New White's MX Sport Arrived

Guest Paul (Ca)

Sure is a beautiful detector Steve, I didn't see the beauty at first but later my opinion on appearance changed. Sure is a snappy attractive detector.

I feel when we slap on the 5" x 10" DD elliptical, the nose heaviness will disappear. Coupled with the added depth White's somehow squeezed into the MX Sport, the DD elliptical should be a winner for tight places, separation and depth more so than the MXT.

Really like the MX Sport, have my own mode and settings for my type of hunting and will never go back to the MXT. 

Enjoy the MX Sport, take your time enjoy and learn with what it has to offer.

Congrats!

Paul

I personally think the MX Sport is a very attractive detector, very clean, modern look. No argument there Paul. And very good to hear that very positive assessment regarding Sport and MXT given your extensive experience with the MXT. Been there done that myself so looking forward, not back.

I understand the reasons why White's would go with a 10" round coil and for water use in particular that is a great coil choice. Dry land smaller coils have fallen out of favor from a marketing standpoint but an 8" to 6" round or an elliptical around 7" x 11" or 6" x 10" are nicer options for many uses. A great coil for the MX Sport would be something like the NEL 9.5" x 5.5" and unlike the Eclipse 6" x 10" would work well in water also. The Eclipse is a good coil however so I am being pretty picky. Like you say Paul, that little bit less weight up front would be about perfect.

This is the NEL Sharpshooter 9.5" x 5.5" DD

nel-sharpshooter-coil-whites-mx-sport.jpg

Guest Paul (Ca)

Looks great Steve, NEL sharpshooter is one of my NEL favorites.  Let's see if NEL can squeeze this in for us, would be nice.

Got my fingers crossed, it's waterproof too I believe so that's another plus for water hunters.

Great things are coming!

Paul

Guest Paul (Ca)

Steve,

Really mean that, not going back to the MXT.  But, Only because Prospecting mode is my reason for enjoying the MX Sport. That mode along with All Metal mode pretty much covers my type of hunting, somehow with VCO OFF position with SAT between 5 or 6 transforms the MX Sport into an MXT 2-tone Relic mode only the MX Sport is hotter, quicker audio much faster recovery.

Or, For jewelry hunting river beds or sand Prospecting mode VCO ON position SAT 5-6 is a killer on gold jewelry and so is all metal mode.

I'm noticing increased SAT really doesn't take away sensitivity or depth, but enhances instead regardless VCO OFF or ON. 

As you can see, the MX Sport with the right settings can outdo the MXT. 

Enjoy the MX Sport ;)

Paul

Steve,

I've heard good things about this new detector.  Saw a whites utube and other videos.  Can't wait for you to do a personal review of it as I may be interested in purchasing one. 

Terry