How To Shrink Minelab Equinox Shaft

Turhan

Contact Steve of Steve's Detector Rods. He's a member of this forum and a great guy to deal with. He can make any kind of carbon fiber shafts that you want.

Steve's Detector Rods

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PimentoUK said:

Buy an additional carbon lower rod, Cut down the length, make a new hole in it for the spring-pip, and fit it directly into the upper rod. 60cm should be easy to attain.

i saw a product named tele knox telescopic equinox shaft but it's not for sale in my country. 

15 minutes ago, Turhan said:

i saw a product named tele knox telescopic equinox shaft but it's not for sale in my country. 

€ 41,66  43%de DESCUENTO | Manbily C-333 soporte de monópode de viaje portátil de fibra de carbono profesional con Mini Base de trípode para cámara Digital DSLR
https://a.aliexpress.com/_u9xen0

I modified mine with this.  you should keep in mind that you will have to buy some parts or if you have a 3d printer you can do it yourself.  You can find them on eBay

Turhan,

I could build you a three-piece shaft, but it would be a bit different than the Tele-Knox shaft.  On mind, the upper section would detach from the other two sections for transport, while the lower rod could collapse entirely into the middle section.  So, you'd have two sections when disassembled -- the upper section, and then a roughly equally sized middle/lower section (lower collapsed fully up and inside the middle section).  I'm not sure what country you are in, but I have shipped all over the world.  While it's costly (shipping internationally is expensive, and most countries levy "VAT" or "import duties" on the package), I'm willing to work with you on a design if you like...

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 1

Guys ... he's not wanting it to collapse small for transportation, he's wanting it to be short WHEN HE IS USING IT. If you insert the lower rod up to the top locating hole on the central section, it's about 1 metre total ( I haven't checked on my one ) and he wants 50 - 70 cm. For Scuba-dive use, maybe?
The lower rod can be directly inserted into the top shaft, that will get the length into the 90cm zone. He could make a new pip hole in the lower rod, that would let it be inserted a few cm further inside the upper shaft, the limit being where the control-box fits on. But he's going to need a shorter lower rod if he wants to get 70cm or less. Assuming he can buy a Minelab Equinox legally in his country, he can thus buy a new Minelab lower rod, which he can cut down how he likes to get the 70cm or shorter total.

Minelab distributor in Turkey:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/where-to-buy?search=dealer&country=206

• Like 3

Pimento,

You may be right; I wasn't reading it that way, but if that's the case, then yes -- the lower rod can be inserted as you suggest.

Turhan,

I can build a "dive shaft" for you, at whatever length you need; I am also happy to build a shorter lower rod, with spring button installed, if that helps anything.

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Turhan said:

hello i need to shorten my equinox shaft

Are you wanting the shaft shortened for diving purposes?

If you are be careful as most of the Nox's have had water issues even though they are supposed to be good for a few meters.

SteveG is a great person to help you with any shaft that you need.

• Like 2