How To Shrink Minelab Equinox Shaft

Turhan

My fix….

minelab-equinox-custom-telescoping-carbon-rod-herschbach.jpg

I have also used and can vouch for the particular aftermarket version sold below on eBay. Look for the twist locks. I tried a version sold with lever type locks on eBay, was less happy with it. This version uses an adapter to get a larger diameter, stouter rod, like my own rod conversion. The lever type is designed to work without an adapter, but as a result the lower rod is thinner, and flexes when used with the large coil.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353092024374

19 hours ago, steveg said:

Turhan,

I could build you a three-piece shaft, but it would be a bit different than the Tele-Knox shaft.  On mind, the upper section would detach from the other two sections for transport, while the lower rod could collapse entirely into the middle section.  So, you'd have two sections when disassembled -- the upper section, and then a roughly equally sized middle/lower section (lower collapsed fully up and inside the middle section).  I'm not sure what country you are in, but I have shipped all over the world.  While it's costly (shipping internationally is expensive, and most countries levy "VAT" or "import duties" on the package), I'm willing to work with you on a design if you like...

Thanks,

Steve

thank you for your concern i need something that the size of 55-60 cm when collapsed i live in turkey i dont know what are the shipping cost and VAT going to be 

19 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

Guys ... he's not wanting it to collapse small for transportation, he's wanting it to be short WHEN HE IS USING IT. If you insert the lower rod up to the top locating hole on the central section, it's about 1 metre total ( I haven't checked on my one ) and he wants 50 - 70 cm. For Scuba-dive use, maybe?
The lower rod can be directly inserted into the top shaft, that will get the length into the 90cm zone. He could make a new pip hole in the lower rod, that would let it be inserted a few cm further inside the upper shaft, the limit being where the control-box fits on. But he's going to need a shorter lower rod if he wants to get 70cm or less. Assuming he can buy a Minelab Equinox legally in his country, he can thus buy a new Minelab lower rod, which he can cut down how he likes to get the 70cm or shorter total.

exactly i want it for scuba diving the sea in here is very shallow arround 50-75cm depth i need to search in water while swimming i need something that collapses 55-60 cm 

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Are you wanting the shaft shortened for diving purposes?

If you are be careful as most of the Nox's have had water issues even though they are supposed to be good for a few meters.

SteveG is a great person to help you with any shaft that you need.

i need to shaft to be shorter for scuba diving i search in very shallow waters not deep its arround 70-80cm depth (not even a meter) i need to be able to search while swimming and snorkeling 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My fix….

minelab-equinox-custom-telescoping-carbon-rod-herschbach.jpgI have also used and can vouch for this particular aftermarket version sold here on eBay. Look for the twist locks. I tried a version sold with lever type locks on eBay, was less happy with it. This version uses and adapter to get a stouter rod, like my own rod conversion. The lever type is designed to work without an adapter, but as a result the lower rod is thinner, and flexes when used with the large coil.

this is amazing just what i need i found a few sellers on ebay but i dont know which one to buy so confused

5 minutes ago, Turhan said:

this is amazing just what i need i found a few sellers on ebay but i dont know which one to buy so confused

The one I linked to is a good one, I’d recommend it over the other eBay alternatives, which I also tried.

• Like 1

Turhan,

It looks like you have found a solution that you wish to pursue.  

If it doesn't work out, for some reason, let me know; I'd be glad to build you a dive shaft, to your length specifications.

Steve

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, steveg said:

Turhan,

It looks like you have found a solution that you wish to pursue.  

If it doesn't work out, for some reason, let me know; I'd be glad to build you a dive shaft, to your length specifications.

Steve

if i was in your country or somewhere near i would gladly buy it from you custom made is always better but unfortunately i locate in turkey and the shipping cost and custom fee probably cost a fortune for me 😞

• Like 1