Minelab New Products

longbow62

The Codan half year earning report states Minelab has significant progress on 4 new products to be released in the near term. I wonder what near term means in this instance?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longbow62 said:

The Codan half year earning report states Minelab has significant progress on 4 new products to be released in the near term. I wonder what near term means in this instance?

Four new pin-pointers 🤠

I suspect we will see a next gen Equinox at least announced at Detectival.   I suspect that ML probably isn't too concerned with the Legend, but pile on top of that the D2, Apex, etc., and now they're at least raising an eyebrow 🧐

I would guess that ML has been working on new tech since they released the Equinox, maybe before that, and would have known other detector manufacturers would start to make SMF machines after the Nox's sucess. I'm looking forward to what comes next and if some of the rumors are even close to correct, then we may see more ground breaking technology in the field (pun intended). 😎

Fun times for Detectorists!

30 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I would guess that ML has been working on new tech since they released the Equinox, maybe before that, and would have known other detector manufacturers would start to make SMF machines after the Nox's sucess. I'm looking forward to what comes next and if some of the rumors are even close to correct, then we may see more ground breaking technology in the field (pun intended). 😎

Fun times for Detectorists!

I heard from folks in the "know" that they were already working on the next gen Equinox before they even released the current models.  Makes sense, multi freq machines are much more work then a single freq VLF.  Geotech said something to the effect that a VLF may have around 10,000 lines of software code versus a multi freq which is more into 100,000+ lines of code, so a lot more moving parts to engineer.  Probably why we have yet to see FTP release one in decades.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Geotech said something to the effect that a VLF may have around 10,000 lines of software code versus a multi freq which is more into 100,000+ lines of code, so a lot more moving parts to engineer.

And to think -- analog detectors had zero lines of code.  They sure worked (maybe I should make all this present tense...) pretty darn well.  I assume even the (multifrequency) Fisher CZ series, for example, was all analog.  Is that correct?

Well, that makes up my decision, no Legend or Deus 2 for me.  It's not like I needed either and neither seemed a good fit for me, I may as well wait and see what else is coming.  I've got too many detectors anyway.

This is all I needed to see to know I should hold off.

"We expect future growth in these markets as we release a number of new detector
platforms in FY23 and we continue to broaden our markets through geographic expansion."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Well, that makes up my decision, no Legend or Deus 2 for me.  It's not like I needed either and neither seemed a good fit for me, I may as well wait and see what else is coming.  I've got too many detectors anyway.

This is all I needed to see to know I should hold off.

"We expect future growth in these markets as we release a number of new detector
platforms in FY23 and we continue to broaden our markets through geographic expansion."

Shame they didn't provide more insight into their forecast aside from "a number of new detector platforms" that's pretty vague, it could simply be more pin-pointers and GoFinds for all we know 😁

Well, they certainly need a new pin pointer as the Pro-Find is a big disappointment to me, but I doubt that'd bring in the big bucks and expand their market footprint in the coin and relic detectors which they've indicated is their mission.  A CTX and or an Equinox upgrade is very likely what's going on I think, that's where the money is.  Somewhere between July 2022 and June 2023 we are going to see what these new detector platform releases are, I can wait that long to see what's coming to save wasting money on detectors I don't need right now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

And to think -- analog detectors had zero lines of code.  They sure worked (maybe I should make all this present tense...) pretty darn well.  I assume even the (multifrequency) Fisher CZ series, for example, was all analog.  Is that correct?

Ever see an analog multi freaker? 🙄

Pretty sure you'll find a CPU inside Fisher CZs.