New Vanquish 540 With Ml80 Observation?

TXOP

I just received a new Vanquish 540 pro pack today.  I was hoping to keep it simple for the wife to use.  Currently she uses a Whites Classic ID with the Garrett Z-link module and headphones.   The Garrett headphones are flawless.  Doesn't matter what you turn on first and they connect quickly.

The Vanquish with the ML80's seems to be a bit touchy IMO.  If you turn the headphones on first and then the detector it seems to work ok.  The problem I keep having is I keep hitting the blue tooth button instead of the button for the different programs.  Then when I press the button to turn the blue tooth back on it takes longer to connect than it initially did.  They shouldn't have placed that button so close and made it the same size as the programs button.  I know on the Equinox it's on the side somewhere.  

Mind you,  I just got this detector a few hours ago so I will probably get use to hitting the correct button once I use it some.  I'm tempted to somehow cover that button where it can't be pushed so easily.

Anyone else had this issue and come up with a solution?

The Garrett's also have auto off if you don't use them for an extended period of time.   What about the ML80's?  Will they just stay on until the battery drains?  I don't see anything in the manual about that.

Thanks for your comments.

Harold

13 hours ago, TXOP said:

I just received a new Vanquish 540 pro pack today.  I was hoping to keep it simple for the wife to use.  Currently she uses a Whites Classic ID with the Garrett Z-link module and headphones.   The Garrett headphones are flawless.  Doesn't matter what you turn on first and they connect quickly.

The Vanquish with the ML80's seems to be a bit touchy IMO.  If you turn the headphones on first and then the detector it seems to work ok.  The problem I keep having is I keep hitting the blue tooth button instead of the button for the different programs.  Then when I press the button to turn the blue tooth back on it takes longer to connect than it initially did.  They shouldn't have placed that button so close and made it the same size as the programs button.  I know on the Equinox it's on the side somewhere.  

Mind you,  I just got this detector a few hours ago so I will probably get use to hitting the correct button once I use it some.  I'm tempted to somehow cover that button where it can't be pushed so easily.

Anyone else had this issue and come up with a solution?

The Garrett's also have auto off if you don't use them for an extended period of time.   What about the ML80's?  Will they just stay on until the battery drains?  I don't see anything in the manual about that.

Thanks for your comments.

Harold

If you want an inexpensive solution to the ML-80 headphones, get these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

I hope they still have the coupon giving you $10 off so they'd be $29. 🙂 

Turn them on, wait for the voice prompt that says "pairing", then turn your detector on. With the Equinox they pair before the detector fully boots up. Every time.

You can also turn on the noise cancelling ANC switch, that works well.

You cannot get a better pair of headphones for the money.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TXOP said:

The Vanquish with the ML80's seems to be a bit touchy IMO.  If you turn the headphones on first and then the detector it seems to work ok.  The problem I keep having is I keep hitting the blue tooth button instead of the button for the different programs.  Then when I press the button to turn the blue tooth back on it takes longer to connect than it initially did.

The Garrett's also have auto off if you don't use them for an extended period of time.   What about the ML80's?  Will they just stay on until the battery drains?

When you turn off the Bluetooth and turn it back on, I believe it goes back into new pair mode and searches for nearby Bluetooth devices. Once paired, you can turn the detector off and when it's turned back on, the last paired device will already be connected as long as that device is turned on.

The ML80s will go into sleep mode when not paired for a few minutes. I think they auto turn off a few minutes after that, but I've never tested that.

HTH

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2022 at 10:06 AM, F350Platinum said:

If you want an inexpensive solution to the ML-80 headphones, get these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

I hope they still have the coupon giving you $10 off so they'd be $29. 🙂 

Turn them on, wait for the voice prompt that says "pairing", then turn your detector on. With the Equinox they pair before the detector fully boots up. Every time.

You can also turn on the noise cancelling ANC switch, that works well.

You cannot get a better pair of headphones for the money.

Have you noticed any signal delay? These aren't listed as Low Latency is why I ask...

10 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

They are APTX low latency confirmed with the "+" symbol on the Equinox.

Excellent! I saw this last night, and received my pair today. The $10 off is still valid...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexHunter said:

Have you noticed any signal delay? These aren't listed as Low Latency is why I ask...

None at all. I've used them extensively and had no problems. You simply cannot get a better headphone for that $$. 🙂

• Like 3