Nokta Makro Legend Production Unit Video

Sorry, I thought you was being cheeky because I had posted the last two videos. I had already seen it. The nail board test is fun, but not a serious test because the nails are on the same plane as the coins. The better test of separation is with elevated iron, or iron under the target. I saw where Dilek just announced that they are adding an iron bias setting. I hope they remove the "fixed" iron filter and not add iron bias on top of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 67GTA said:

Sorry, I thought you was being cheeky because I had posted the last two videos. I had already seen it. The nail board test is fun, but not a serious test because the nails are on the same plane as the coins. The better test of separation is with elevated iron, or iron under the target. I saw where Dilek just announced that they are adding an iron bias setting. I hope they remove the "fixed" iron filter and not add iron bias on top of it.

SMFs need some kind of extra iron filtering especially when they are as fast at recovery speed as the Legend. Nokta Makro will add adjustable iron bias settings. That is a good thing for people like me who almost always hunt either in man-made iron infested areas or mother nature made iron infested areas. I want my setting as low as possible most of the time so good targets will not be heavily iron masked. Having it at a setting that equaled the Equinox F2=6 level was just dumbing down this excellent detector way too much. If you don't want to have iron bias effect your detecting adversely, just leave it on the lowest setting and enjoy digging a little more iron and some occasional falsing. That works for me too.

• Like 6

When I said above: SMFs that are as fast at recovery speed as the Legend need some kind of iron bias, I did not phrase that well. Here is a different way of phrasing it. When an SMF is capable of the recovery speed and target separation that the Legend appears to have, giving it user adjustable iron bias settings will make it an even better detector for a wider variety of target and ground scenarios. Not giving it user adjustable iron bias settings and keeping it arbitrarily fixed would limit the variety of targets and ground scenarios that it would be able to handle well.

• Like 7

That's what I was hinting at. User adjustable iron filtering is the only way to go. The only caveat was that it has to be completely open when iron bias is off. The current fixed iron settings for each mode would have to be removed. Maybe Dilek will clarify this mess later.

• Like 2

I have to assume that Andy was also a tester since he was able to make this rebuttal video so quickly. He might have also gotten it early so he can write his Legend handbook. This is turning into a soap opera. The iron is on the same plane as the targets. This is basically the same as a nail board test (which is also almost useless). The test in question was with elevated iron which is a completely different test. 

• Like 1

Andy is one of the four testers.

• Like 1

Be careful setting your iron bias with the Minelab Equinox, because its effect and worth vary with conditions (ground mineralization, intended targets, likely trash).  But then trust the Nokta Makro engineers that they locked in a single iron bias value on the Legend that's optimal.

Someone, please help me clear up my confusion.

• Like 2

What the f@ck it is going on? You have recovery speed at 10 and the detector cannot hit the coin, you have it at speed 1 and it hits it. We need a detector with the opposite results…and a detector which does what it’s says and I do not need to buy guides to understand it. Also, the equinox has problems with water, iron discrimination, iron bias adjustment and so on. I think I would buy a time ranger pro, it does what it says.

• Sad 1

It sounds counter intuitive, but a slower recovery speed in rare cases can cause a comingled signal to be more pronounced (longer tones) vs a faster recovery speed where the same signal could be really small and fast and get lost in ground noise or iron falsing. 

• Like 2